Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Songs from yesterday's match

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It should be "EUROPA LEAGUE AGAIN ALLEZ ALLEZ" instead of "yeurup again alay alay".
Tho there is head-mental school of thought that thinks 'Phew! No Europe to distract us. No over-exerting the squad by making them play three times a week. And less chance of injuries'.

Sad to say there are people who actually think along those lines. These people are *****ds

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
What are you on about?
It's a play on the idea of Blaydon Races/Brighton Aces being a Brighton song.

It tickled me, although I accept it's not one of my better gags even before I explained it.

I do love the song, to be clear, it's just so tied to Newcastle in my mind that I struggle to take it seriously when sung by anybody else with tweaked lyrics.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

It tickled me, although I accept it's not one of my better gags even before I explained it.

I do love the song, to be clear, it's just so tied to Newcastle in my mind that I struggle to take it seriously when sung by anybody else with tweaked lyrics.
I agree entirely however my original point about the song stands that whatever one’s thought on it it’s now in its forty six consecutive season (at least)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Anyone else of the opinion that the Mitoma song is wrong?

I sing it because it’s just a song and it’s quite loud, but it’s clearly got a Latin American theme (albeit originally written and performed performed by a Californian band) In the absence of a Mexican it’s clearly suited to a South American, subject of course to the name fitting

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011

If you read my OP about it you'd see I said it was nicked from the Geordies! Never said it was a Brighton original (TM).

The vast majority of decent songs are nicked from someone else (even Albiiiiiiion)

For what its worth I sang it from the late 80s/90s when I was way too young to know or give a shit about its origins! (only found that out in the last few years, on here probably!)

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
If you read my OP about it you'd see I said it was nicked from the Geordies! Never said it was a Brighton original (TM).

The vast majority of decent songs are nicked from someone else.

For what its worth I sang it from the late 80s/90s when I was way too young to know or give a shit about its origins! (only found that out in the last few years, on here probably!)
I know, I did read it. It was the "nicked from the Geordies I believe" bit that I found funny.
I agree entirely however my original point about the song stands that whatever one’s thought on it it’s now in its forty six consecutive season (at least)
It's not like I stalk around the away end telling people to stop singing it or anything. :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apologies if fixtures as not read the whole thread, but I do think the "You've seen the Albion, now f**k off home" one is best saved for the entitled 6 teams rather than the likes of Everton, which is probably one of the more traditional, local fanbases around I would wager.

All the plastic scousers are red.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Anyone else of the opinion that the Mitoma song is wrong?

I sing it because it’s just a song and it’s quite loud, but it’s clearly got a Latin American theme (albeit originally written and performed performed by a Californian band) In the absence of a Mexican it’s clearly suited to a South American, subject of course to the name fitting

I just asked Chat GPT to name the most popular Japanese song in the west. (Because I couldn't actually think of one!).

The most well-known Japanese song in the Western world, especially in recent times, is “Gangnam Style” by PSY. This is technically a South Korean song, not Japanese, but it became a worldwide sensation with its catchy tune and viral dance moves.

"technically" :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Apologies if fixtures as not read the whole thread, but I do think the "You've seen the Albion, now f**k off home" one is best saved for the entitled 6 teams rather than the likes of Everton, which is probably one of the more traditional, local fanbases around I would wager.

All the plastic scousers are red.
It should just be used twice a year vs Man United, if we win

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Nothing can beat the "Brightons on the way to the Premier League" song IMO. For pure emotional value.

Also really liked the Knocky and Sidwell songs for different reasons.

Maybe a rehash of Knocky song for Rutter now he's retired?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nothing can beat the "Brightons on the way to the Premier League" song IMO. For pure emotional value.

Also really liked the Knocky and Sidwell songs for different reasons.

Maybe a rehash of Knocky song for Rutter now he's retired?
‘He only cost £40 mil‘ doesn’t have quite the same ring to it

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It HAS to be a re-worked version of this…

Yeah needs work but…..
He’s our gaffer and he’s looking good
Gonna win the league that’s understood
Maybe a cup ot two to fill the time
Chelsea would take him but they can’t
He’s mine ………

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here