Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Please no “we support our local team” this season. Now that is ultra tin pot

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Three observations
1/ "It's all gone quiet over there" Fate tempter especially when sung at 1-0 o.k. so it worked out well in the end but still a bit tinpot and done to death, not for me jeff
2/ "You've seen the albion now etc etc" hate it when sung to us, and even more when we sing it. Surely we are better than that.
3/ "BHA oh we love you, we're the sussex boys in the white and blue" great normally except yesterday we were not, they were the team in those colours!

The third point is so simply fixed with a simple tweak when we play in a changed strip e.g. for yesterday -
Brighton and hove albion
we love you so
we're the sussex boys
in black and yellow

we could even add a comedic and tongue in cheek second verse
and under each arm
a strip of white
it's a little bid odd
and doesn't look right

although maybe that is a step too far!
and before anyone says i am entirely negative i absolutely loved the ole passing chant that went on for so long that even our own fans were tiring of it! superb!

you are entirely negative but then so is one post on a battery.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Follow, follow, follow
He's better than Cannavaro
There's nobody better
Than Jan Paul van Hecke
The best f***ing Dutchman I know
Like.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We got chatting to an Everton supporting couple on the train on the way home who turned out to be near neighbours. That’s by the by but they commented on how much they enjoyed listening to ‘the choir’ in the away end. I did point out that we won 3-0 and could be as quiet as the next team when roles are reversed.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
How is Pickford really shite for Everton and yet he's great for England?

Hope he got a good ovation yesterday by Albion fans. Did all he could to win us the Euros.
Odd comment. The reason he plays for England is that he’s not shit at all for Everton.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Hope he got a good ovation yesterday by Albion fans. Did all he could to win us the Euros.
Err no, definitely not a standing ovation ! He did acknowledge the away end after one particularly loud ‘you’re shit aghhhhh…’
His distribution was as woeful as ever hence the jeering.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He's been their fans' player of the season for the last two years (might be three) actually.

Appreciate it's a low bar in that squad, but still.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Brighton and Hove is a unitary authority, so in local government terms is not in either east or West Sussex……. A bit pedantic, I feel!
And, East and West Sussex are different from the historic county of Sussex, which we hail from and there is no division nor boundary, just the 5 rapes.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Odd comment. The reason he plays for England is that he’s not shit at all for Everton.
OK. He was fantastic at the end of last season for Everton but so often his positioning can be a fault. I don't know how he can keep going mentally with relegation dog fights every season. Whenever he pulls on the England shirt he's Mister reliable and surprised a bigger club haven't come in for him - especially huge Spanish or Italian sides.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Three observations
1/ "It's all gone quiet over there" Fate tempter especially when sung at 1-0 o.k. so it worked out well in the end but still a bit tinpot and done to death, not for me jeff
2/ "You've seen the albion now etc etc" hate it when sung to us, and even more when we sing it. Surely we are better than that.
3/ "BHA oh we love you, we're the sussex boys in the white and blue" great normally except yesterday we were not, they were the team in those colours!

The third point is so simply fixed with a simple tweak when we play in a changed strip e.g. for yesterday -
Brighton and hove albion
we love you so
we're the sussex boys
in black and yellow

we could even add a comedic and tongue in cheek second verse
and under each arm
a strip of white
it's a little bid odd
and doesn't look right

although maybe that is a step too far!
and before anyone says i am entirely negative i absolutely loved the ole passing chant that went on for so long that even our own fans were tiring of it! superb!
First world middle class irritability.

(I feel your pain. We don't 'all' follow the Albion. Nor do we literally 'follow' the Albion. You can get two years for that.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here