Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Song/Ukraine solidarity for tomorrow

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So taking the knee by the players is to do with football is it.???

Well so every commentator tells me at the start of every game it is to show there is no place for discrimination in football.....so apparently yes!

Not quite sure what that has got to do with what is got to do with what is going on in Ukraine......maybe I'll email Barber and ask him if he knows.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'm not ignoring anything. I have work colleagues in Kyiv who I haven't heard from in the last 24 hours.

Just can't get my head around why someone would feel the need to email Paul Barber about it. Let him run the football club and let the politicians run the world.

Disagree. Barber and Potter would run the world much better than the bunch of w*nkers that currently do, who appear to be ruining it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Easy, shows UK mp's etc who might hear mention of it on motd, or in paper etc how much it matters to us to get putin out of Ukraine. If there is a chance any Ukraine national hears of it will show surport. Before u say anything I mean a Ukrainian in brighton might hear of it.
Also people like to do something to show support, and this is something to make people feel human in this very difficult time!!!
Lastly who made u incharge of what is and is not OK to do and feel.

I think I've got the gist of what you are saying. But it still doesn't answer the question what it's got to do with Paul Barber or the football club as a whole?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really swift reply from Paul. As I expected he said "political gestures not officially allowed.by football authorities. Up to individual fans then. Yellow shirt and blue trouser anyone?

If Barber wears that yellow jumper I am going to interpret it as a political gesture in favour of Ukraine. If he doesn’t then he clearly supports Russia. Sorry Paul, it’s a tough gig.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well so every commentator tells me at the start of every game it is to show there is no place for discrimination in football.....so apparently yes!

Not quite sure what that has got to do with what is got to do with what is going on in Ukraine......maybe I'll email Barber and ask him if he knows.

You are Talking utter b*******s and really do not get the sense of feeling over this issue.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We know you're a ****
We know you're a ****
Vladimir Putin
We know you're a ****

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Perhaps email Paul and Graham let them know that.

I'm sorry you have taken such exception to my email- not sure why really. You are much more annoyed about it than he was! For the record of course it won't affect Putin, he will carry on murdering. It would be a gesture of solidarity with Ukrainians everywhere. You saw the various gestures in Champions league I assume?

I hope your colleague gets out safely.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I think I've got the gist of what you are saying. But it still doesn't answer the question what it's got to do with Paul Barber or the football club as a whole?

Easy, the football club represents the community, so if a community feel strongly that something should be said on their behalf, a local football team can be that voice to represent the community.

Ps I am not saying there is strong enough sentiment to do this, that is for the club to be insink with the local community to know strength of feeling for certain issues, however a football club is echo of the community when run well as it is in Brighton.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm sorry you have taken such exception to my email- not sure why really. You are much more annoyed about it than he was! For the record of course it won't affect Putin, he will carry on murdering. It would be a gesture of solidarity with Ukrainians everywhere.

To be honest I cringe at the thought of a highly paid CEO getting emails from any of our fans about pretty much everything. But he's brought it on himself by giving out his email in the first place and replying to them so I don't feel too bad for him.

You saw the various gestures in Champions league I assume?

I didn't actually, no.

I hope your colleague gets out safely.

Thank you very much indeed. So do I. It's a very worrying time and one can only imagine the hell they and their families must be going through at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just out of interest, what do you expect Barber to do, to stop the Russians?

Well he could delay them, 22 page email to Putin might take a while to get through

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'm not ignoring anything. I have work colleagues in Kyiv who I haven't heard from in the last 24 hours.

Just can't get my head around why someone would feel the need to email Paul Barber about it. Let him run the football club and let the politicians run the world.

Ruin the world you mean.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really swift reply from Paul. As I expected he said "political gestures not officially allowed.by football authorities. Up to individual fans then. Yellow shirt and blue trouser anyone?
Does he really think it is "political" ?

Dear oh dear. :nono:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Milan had Peace displayed on the screens and applause. The Italian FA said earlier all games with start 5 minutes late

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Milan had Peace displayed on the screens and applause. The Italian FA said earlier all games with start 5 minutes late

Exactly! Can't the Premier League pull their fingers out of their butts? Oh no let's just trundle on with taking knee which many feel has run its course. We're just asking for something for one game where football players and fans can show their solidarity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Easy, shows UK mp's etc who might hear mention of it on motd, or in paper etc how much it matters to us to get putin out of Ukraine. If there is a chance any Ukraine national hears of it will show surport. Before u say anything I mean a Ukrainian in brighton might hear of it.
Also people like to do something to show support, and this is something to make people feel human in this very difficult time!!!
Lastly who made u incharge of what is and is not OK to do and feel.

I missed your support at a match for the Afghanistan people when the taliban took over the country :whistle:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly! Can't the Premier League pull their fingers out of their butts? Oh no let's just trundle on with taking knee which many feel has run its course. We're just asking for something for one game where football players and fans can show their solidarity.

Need an anti-Putin chant to start whilst the knee is being taken ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here