Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Song for Ulloa

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
whatever it is, please don't let it be this: ulloa woahhh, ulloa woahhh, please anything but this

how about : woahh Ulloa, woahh Ulloa?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That's because he didn't get the lyrics quite right:

"We call him Leo 'cos we can't pronounce his name.

He is an Argie but pretends he is from Spain".

Makes reference to both the name pronunciation problems and the issues with him needing a Spanish passport to sign.

I think this is great.Also like the boom boom boom one. And the Radio Gaga one.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not so sure we're any different from most clubs to be honest. I've got a bit of form with trying different footie chants and it's easier to do when you're standing (and with a bit of Dutch courage inside). Some of mine have worked and some have fallen flat on their arse. My advice would be to try it first at an away match when more people are refreshed, get a few mates around you to back you up and give it a few goes. No-one really cares if it's shit. The easiest ones are variants on a familiar tune (Groupon..., we've got a Catalan...etc), the real test is with a brand new tune. I'd still love to get "Gus Poyet's Blue Army" to Human League's "Don't You Want Me Baby" going. Don't think it will happen though.

Its a fantastic feeling when the rest of the crowd pick it up too. I agree about Sloop John B having been done to death. I've got to take my hat off to FC United who introduced that with the proper words to the song. They sounded brilliant when they did it. When Southampton do it to EVERY chant it sounds proper rubbish.

When was the last time we came up with a new, original song for a player? The Scousers seem to do it, why can't we? All we ever seem to get is a dull copy of someone else's chant. Why? There are plenty of songs out there. I think it has something to do with the way Brighton is, people like to be 'cool' and that's why virtually every new song is met with the word 'cringeworthy'. I just don't think that happens as much up North, for example. So many good football songs are actually shit football songs, but it doesn't matter if Lynsey imberteveryone sings them and they're sung loud. Imagine if you suggested on here we should start singing the Brighton Aces song (if we hadn't already been singing it) for example. It would never get off the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here