Sometimes my poo...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
...floats, and yet sometimes it sinks.

Now, why is that?

If it floats on the surface then it's dead. Did you never have a goldfish?

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
You KNOW when you've done a good 'un when there's silence as it 'exits the departure lounge'. It has actually entered the water whilst still connected.

Anyone done a 'periscope'? This means that one end isn't visible due to it being up the U-bend and the other is above the water. You feel a great sense of satisfaction..................and emptiness!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally my favourite is a 'brownberg' , 9/10 of it is under the water line but it's big enough to sink The Titanic and Radio 4 mention it in the shipping forecasts.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i once ate so much red and green liqourice that my poo actually came out proper red and green!

also ive heard guiness is suppose to make ur poo hard, but after i have a few guinesses i seem to sand blast the back of the toilet!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sometimes you can drop a couple of floaters and they disappear below the water, only to rise again like the barrels they try to slow Jaws down with.

Brightonian74 said:
You KNOW when you've done a good 'un when there's silence as it 'exits the departure lounge'. It has actually entered the water whilst still connected.

MY GAWD
Is that possible? that would need to be a foot long.
I don't believe you
:ohmy:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That is brilliant!! Make a statue out of your own pooh!

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
if i rolled around in shit i would come up smelling of Roses....

Thats what my mates tell me.

Whats all that about... !

Brightonian74

Sep 18, 2004
Bevendean
captainmorganrum said:
MY GAWD
Is that possible? that would need to be a foot long.
I don't believe you
:ohmy:
My friend, even if I have any pictoral evidence I wouldn't have the guts (no pun intended) to post it on here. So it's just my own your going to have to believe.

You have to have a severe gut-ache to do it though.........:lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My personal fav... although slightly alarming when it happens, it the Stealth Poo.

You know it came out, but it makes no noise entering the water and has disappeared completely, not even a skid mark, when you have the usual admiring/inquisitive gaze at it.

A word to the wise... if you suspect you have achieved this, have a sneaky look before you dump the paper down the pan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everest said:
Try pushing the floaters down with your finger. If it stays down, all's well. If it rises, you've just got a brown smelly finger for nothing.
No, if it rises its a WITCH, and you should burn it.

Old Goat

Jun 8, 2004
Floating stools

Floating stools are seen in a variety of different situations. Most are diet-related or caused by episodes of diarrhea that accompany an acute gastrointestinal infection. A change in dietary habits can lead to an increase in the amount of gas produced by bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract.

Similarly, acute gastrointestinal (GI) infections can result in increased gas content in the intestines due to rapid movement of food through the GI tract. One misconception is that floating stools are caused by an increase in the fat content of the stool. In fact, it is increased gas levels in the stool that make it less dense and allow it to float.

Another cause of floating stools is malabsorption. More than two weeks of diarrhea with floating stools is often seen in people suffering from malabsorption, a dysfunction in the GI tract that affects the body's ability to digest and absorb fat and other types of foods.

Increased levels of nutrients in the stool (which have not been absorbed by the GI tract) are supplied to the normal bacteria that live in the gut, which in turn produce more gas. This results in more gas-rich stools that float.

Common Causes

Dietary changes, diarrhea, and malabsorption can cause floating stools. Most causes are benign and will resolve when the infection ends or the bacteria in the GI tract adjust to the changes in your diet.

Patients with the following diseases may also have stool that floats:

Cystic fibrosis
Gluten-induced enteropathy (sprue or celiac disease)
Idiopathic steatorrhea (fatty stools with no known cause)
Disaccharides deficiency (insufficient amounts of the sugar-digesting enzymes lactase, sucrase, or isomaltase)
Short bowel syndrome
Biliary atresia
Abetalipoproteinemia

It is important to discuss a change in stool characteristics with a doctor if it has been present for more than a couple of weeks. If blood, fever, or dizziness accompanies these changes, consult a physician immediately.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy 10 said:
No, if it rises its a WITCH, and you should burn it.
So I've missed out on loads of bonfires then.

This thread goes down a treat when eating a corned beef sandwich

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anyone had to do a number 2 at a friends house and realised that you got a floater on yer hands..

Nope me neither.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here