Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something that bugs me

Ok before I get back to work, I need to get something off my chest.

There are people on this site who abuse people and put a smilie at the end of the post and say it was a "joke". Now some of the crap on the so called posts are really abusive and I don't like the idea that people find this perfectly acceptable to do so, and then blame the other person when they get peeved off with it.

It's the same people the whole time, and I guess it's the same people who write constant drivel.

And breathe.......

Bye :wave:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I tend to agree with you.

What I do, though, is tend to ignore them. Most of the people who are abusive, do it to get a reaction.

If you don't give them the satisfaction of a reaction then they have failed.

Rest assured, if you think they are tossers then most of the board privately think so as well.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I am looking forward to Saturday night, there will be no hiding behind the keyboard then.
I hope the anti-Knight brigade show there faces. :drink: :drink:
A good debate over a few pints celebrating Albions 5-1 win against the Welsh!!:drink: :drink:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting

Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Surely it's a bit like being down the pub? Just harmless banter?

Exacta-f***ing-mundo. Most of it is harmless banter, always has been. Very, very, rarely have things threatened to get out of hand.

The use of a smilie is precisely to show that you shouldn't take it too seriously.

The fact that some of the more vocal people on here are "quiet as a mouse" in real life doesn't mean they are gutless or anything, it just means they understand what NSC is about and don't get all uppety about banter on a frigging internet message board. Speaking personally, I wouldn't say anything on here that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

Okay, no smilies this time: Brighton Bird, you are being f***ing wet. Again.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Safeway said:
Exacta-f***ing-mundo. Most of it is harmless banter, always has been. Very, very, rarely have things threatened to get out of hand.

The use of a smilie is precisely to show that you shouldn't take it too seriously.

The fact that some of the more vocal people on here are "quiet as a mouse" in real life doesn't mean they are gutless or anything, it just means they understand what NSC is about and don't get all uppety about banter on a frigging internet message board. Speaking personally, I wouldn't say anything on here that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

Okay, no smilies this time: Brighton Bird, you are being f***ing wet. Again.

Couldnt have put it better myselfy Safeway

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I tend to agree with BB here. There's an element that doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between banter and abuse. It's all very well to swap 'banter' with somebody you've actually met in person but 'banter' can easily be interpreted as abuse when what some posters preport to be humour actually causes offence.

For example, that well known perveyer of 'banter', Watford O, is a classic case in point.

Mind you the afore mentioned, when he realises that he has been out flanked merely resorts to out and out profanity.

Still I think BB has made a fair point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here