Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someones set fire to WITHDEAN this morning

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Arson at Brighton and Hove Albion stadium From The Argus)

Honest !

Arson at Brighton and Hove Albion stadium
8:16am Monday 7th September 2009

By Ben Parsons, Crime Reporter »

An arsonist set fire to netting under the South Stand at Withdean Stadium early this morning.

Firefighters were called at 6.23am to a 10 square metre section of the ground where it borders a wooded area.

Sections of plastic netting burned away and dripped melting plastic into an area underneath the temporary South Stand.

That area was burning when firefighters arrived but the stand itself is not believed to have been damaged.

Anyone with information about how the fire started is asked to call Sussex Police on 0845 6070999.

D

Deleted User X18H

Who would have started this ? I bet they won't own up. CATT got thier tongue.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Apparently,the fire has caused thousands of £'s worth of improvements!

Yes, as we're getting a new home that's been paid for we're selling them to Simon Jordon as he can't afford players or anything else for that matter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I assumed this one of your joke stories, and was about to flame you...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I assumed this one of your joke stories, and was about to flame you...

Easy 10 does some factual occasionally, and this one was HOT off the press :D

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I thought the Ashes were finished?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Police are hunting the area for a 4-legged suspect with a wagging tail - after an eye-witness told them that he heard a loud 'woof' as the netting caught fire.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
So who was around in 1980 and remembers when the Goldstone (RIP) south stand wooden seating was destroyed by (probably) a fag-end? Now that was a bit more worth reporting on.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I want PICTURES and I want them now.

I want action shots of the fire brigade in, erm, action. I want shots of the damage and I want a shot of Ken Brown inspecting the damage.

I don't thinks thats too unreasonable to ask...

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
So who was around in 1980 and remembers when the Goldstone (RIP) south stand wooden seating was destroyed by (probably) a fag-end? Now that was a bit more worth reporting on.

When I was a kid my dad and I used to sit in the south stand and I can recall the smoke drifting up from probably several hundred fags on the go at any one time - and probably all stubbed out on the wooden floor. In the light of the Bradford disaster it makes your blood run cold to think what extraordinary risks football clubs were taking with spectators' lives in those days.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
if this had happened before then surely someone would rem-EMBER!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here