Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone Wasn't Paying Attention To The Public Inquiry

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i've stopped reading the Argus letters now , load of idiots with no clue bleating on and on...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
"Presumably, if we did get it, we would have to include "Falmer" in the name of the club."

I'd like to think this was ironic. But sadly I think (s)he thinks (s)he's making a genuine point.

:shootself

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yup very true. However i would prefer this as the site Prescott tells us to build on if we dont get falmer.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yup very true. However i would prefer this as the site Prescott tells us to build on if we dont get falmer.

I love the way he make's out he's such a great fan. Waterhall ceased being an option once it became clear that no railway company wanted to build a station there. That's been known for years though.

Last edited:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
(S)he has a ridiculous arguement that flies in the face of all fact but has no problem letting everyone know just how stupid (s)he is. Must be a member of NSC.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bhaexpress said:
I love the way he make's out he's such a great fan. Waterhall ceased being an option once it became clear that no railway company wanted to build a station there. That's been known for years though.

Exactly. Any site Prescott says other than Falmer is going to have about 60million reasons against it. Falmer isthe only place.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Withnail said:
(S)he has a ridiculous arguement that flies in the face of all fact but has no problem letting everyone know just how stupid (s)he is. Must be a member of NSC.

Withnail and I agree.

Always wanted to do that..

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
bhaexpress said:

Never say never. If they could get some sort of park and travel deal for commuters they may change their mind.

Waterhall would permit a larger ground as well. What f***ing good will 23k be if we ever get to the Premiership? Even the top Championship teams regularly get more than that. Hull's ground would still be bigger, with existing plans for further expansion. Falmer was decided upon by a Board with no vision. Originally, they were only going to build it a bit at a time. :censored:

surely this letter is a piss take?

Letter: Boot them out

Deja vu. Here we are, four games into the new football season and where are Brighton and Hove Albion?

Oh look, surprise, surprise, they are firmly rooted in the relegation zone, as always.

What hope do the loyal supporters have of convincing John Prescott of the need for a new stadium when the players and club officials are not performing?

I regularly see more enthusiasm, commitment and ambition from the Sunday league players at East Brighton Park. It is time for the Albion management to go.

-Melvyn Lawes, Woodingdean

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/news_extra/LETTERS1.html

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
South Yarra Seagull said:

Deja vu. Here we are, four games into the new football season and where are Brighton and Hove Albion?

Oh look, surprise, surprise, they are firmly rooted in the relegation zone, as always.

What hope do the loyal supporters have of convincing John Prescott of the need for a new stadium when the players and club officials are not performing?

I regularly see more enthusiasm, commitment and ambition from the Sunday league players at East Brighton Park. It is time for the Albion management to go.

Stupid c u n t. They never used to print the league tables after 3 games. It used to be after about 6 or 7.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
South Yarra Seagull said:

Does Ernest live in Woodingdean?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I would quite like to read some opposing letters if they were backed up with facts and inteligent argument. Unfortunately the argus picks out the most controversial ones regardless of how retarded the writers are and whether or not what they write is actually true. I gave up reading the letters a long time ago.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Do you think these idiots will persist with their non sensical ramblings if/when we get a "yes" to Falmer? ???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Silent Bob said:
Do you think these idiots will persist with their non sensical ramblings if/when we get a "yes" to Falmer? ???

Yes but probably not about Falmer. They read a story and write an opinionated letter without actually doing any real research. It's not a dislike of Falmer (in many cases). It's a meddling instinct that forces them to stick their noses in.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I will give the Argus it's due, it is firmly behind the Albion at Falmer.

I wonder if they print these letters simply to show that they are being even handed with their reporting. They always report on the fans demonstrations etc, the latest being at Hull.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
I will give the Argus it's due, it is firmly behind the Albion at Falmer.

I wonder if they print these letters simply to show that they are being even handed with their reporting. They always report on the fans demonstrations etc, the latest being at Hull.

I'd like to think that the Argus publishes these letters to show what idiots the NIMBYs are, trouble is I don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here