GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tactics , thats why Gus is the manager. KLL had fresh legs and we needed to get another goal to restore the advantage ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps Gus is being very careful-Lua back from injury,Buckley recovering and did not want to risk Noone a moment longer.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if you watched the game,he took a heavy knock just before half time

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A rare poyet mistake. He still had the legs in my opinion and offers so much more to the team when we don't have the ball than lua lua. I feel sorry for nooney. Gus always seems reluctant to start him and when he does he rarely gets 90 minutes

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
If i watched the game... Was just a question tbh dont really have to be a twat?

listen,dont give it the bigun,it was a statement,i dont know if you were there or not,it was a observation,now you can pm me,if you want to give it large,and grow up

AzzaBHA

Apr 24, 2011
Withdean
listen,dont give it the bigun,it was a statement,i dont know if you were there or not,it was a observation,now you can pm me,if you want to give it large,and grow up

<3 Sorry :) Yeah i was there.... i thought you were being out of order, didnt think it was a statement. ;) I did see it but it just seemed to me that he ran it off as he gave another couple of runs at the RB

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I think he had a knock, and also the game was starting to flare up a bit and with his yellow card could easily have seen him sent off I think

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
In the post match interview on BBC Sussex Gus said it was for the risk of injury. He's got a few injuries and with the sort of players that Noone and Lua Lua are with their bursts of pace, he doesn't want either of them to end up getting tired and thus getting injured. I can see him swapping Noone, Lua Lua and Buckley round a lot this season based on that statement.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Tactics , thats why Gus is the manager. KLL had fresh legs and we needed to get another goal to restore the advantage ?

Gus looked like he said to Lua Lua that he would be on in 5 minutes as he sent him out to warm up and brought him on a minute or 2 earlier than that after Noone got booked, looked like it was a tactical decision and something that will happen all season (as it did last season) helping to keep our players fresh and hopefully injury free

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Changed the game IMO

I think Holloway's substitutions changed the game, that and the fact we started to sit too deep. That said, we should have converted at least one of KLL's superb crosses into the box and we had a stone cold penalty inexplicable turned down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here