Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some Sunderland views on last night

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
Cheers for that.
Now when did I promise you local ale on tap? Presumably that is a teathing issue. We've all been told of what the club intends to do, but there was an interview with Tony Bloom not long ago when he said he didn't know if all the plans would go ahead (specifically having the away end lit in that sides colours). It's all early days, and since the stadium won't be finished until it's extended I imagine several things will remain unfinished.

Glad you liked the pies.
you promised me them last week....well you didnt, but it was slightly disappointing to have to drink Kronenberg.....it was either that or Fosters which is like piss anyway.

aye its all good though, i usually dont drink on matchdays as i work before home games and its only this season ive started going to regular away games instead of 2 a season.
Presumably it'll all be sorted in due time, you have done a hell of a job with the stadium and the atmosphere puts most premiership clubs to shame *cough*Arsenal...Wigan*cough*

Our atmosphere isnt the greatest like but it is better than most PL teams, but in any case i look forward to my trip down Brighton next Season in the Premiership:wink:

looking throught your smilies i like this one....it looks like a happy ghost :flounce:

but aye, ive seen shit loads of game since i got my Season Ticket, but Brighton easily come close to the best passing football side i have seen in a long time

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
you promised me them last week....well you didnt, but it was slightly disappointing to have to drink Kronenberg.....it was either that or Fosters which is like piss anyway.

aye its all good though, i usually dont drink on matchdays as i work before home games and its only this season ive started going to regular away games instead of 2 a season.
Presumably it'll all be sorted in due time, you have done a hell of a job with the stadium and the atmosphere puts most premiership clubs to shame *cough*Arsenal...Wigan*cough*

Our atmosphere isnt the greatest like but it is better than most PL teams, but in any case i look forward to my trip down Brighton next Season in the Premiership:wink:

looking throught your smilies i like this one....it looks like a happy ghost :flounce:

but aye, ive seen shit loads of game since i got my Season Ticket, but Brighton easily come close to the best passing football side i have seen in a long time

Fantastic to have your input so many thanks. Glad you, in the main, enjoyed the trip and I am sure everyone here will look forward to welcoming you in the future (whenever).

Best wishes for the season.

PS I took father in law (90) last night who used to live in S. Shields and visited Roker regularly around fifty years ago. He was well uplifted.

Best

PS. Hope the next time you come will be on a Saturday and we can meet up and have a beer or three in any of the concourses after the game assuming that you won't, at that time, be 'looking forward' to a six hour coach trip starting at 11.00pm. We did so last weekend with the Blackpool fans and was great.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you have done a hell of a job with the stadium
Ah yes, well that bit was me.
in any case i look forward to my trip down Brighton next Season in the Premiership:wink:
Hopefully we'll make it there in a few years, but there are no guarantees. Cardiff have tried and failed a few time now, and there seems to be more clubs than ever trying to get to the promised land at the moment.
Flattery will get you everywhere :love:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shieldsman on the Adur

PS I took father in law (90) last night who used to live in S. Shields and visited Roker regularly around fifty years ago. He was well uplifted.

Picture of the Shieldsman:

Shieldsman | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

4410422717_56731a5616_m.jpg

photostream

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I did see they had illuminated the away end in red though, which is a start.. The ales, I reckon they are finding it hard to get the breweries to agree sale or return, and deliver long distance.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
they arent all like that mind, as you can probably guess from the name i am from that site

i posted this on another SAFC board that doesnt have suicidal bleating morons after a minute of a game but ill just copy it onto here.

I have bolded the only negative from the night....apart from no local ale on tap you lying twats :whistle:

apart from that a good night like....the only downside was the coach trip

proper football fan.

all power to your elbow :whisky:

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
proper football fan.

all power to your elbow :whisky:

in my eyes there is no such thing as a proper football fan, we are all equals regardless of the league we are in or however many games we attend.

im just stupid enough and have the money and the time to go to all the games i can.

All the best to you lads for the coming season

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What very lovely fans. Five pages and only one vaguely homophobic comment. Seem like a good bunch. Would love to make the trip to their stadium next year!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On the League Cup show that Sunderland team looked a really dangerous side. Macca

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
Agree it was good to hear them read out the away following and allowed a nice bit of mutual clapping from both sides. Before that I think Sunderland fans were about to take the piss for a 17k crowd, but then they heard their figures and started clapping.

It's a shame the away end extras don't seem to be a glamourous as suggested. The lack of a local ale for them, which I thought would be served in Dick's as well?, as well as the poor efforts at projecting one players image on a brick wall and one or two coloured lights are a shame, but perhaps it will develop with time.

Away stand update.

The away end photos are now projected onto screen on top of one of the refreshment Kiosks.
Lots more lighting but not very effective during afternoon kick offs.
No local beer and none of the catering staff seem aware that they should be selling local beer.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did the Sunderland fans get stitched up on the trains, had to go via Lewes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here