Some Sunderland views on last night

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What is the deal with the away team beer? As of yet it doesn't appear that there has been any.

As I have said before they made a big song and dance about it and have given no updates or media coverage to the away end. I did like the fact they read out the away end support and thanked them during the game over the PA, nice touch and got the Sunderland fans singing for a bit.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
What is the deal with the away team beer? As of yet it doesn't appear that there has been any.

Yeah its a great idea, away fans would love it, but they dont seem to be bothering at the moment

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Agree it was good to hear them read out the away following and allowed a nice bit of mutual clapping from both sides. Before that I think Sunderland fans were about to take the piss for a 17k crowd, but then they heard their figures and started clapping.

It's a shame the away end extras don't seem to be a glamourous as suggested. The lack of a local ale for them, which I thought would be served in Dick's as well?, as well as the poor efforts at projecting one players image on a brick wall and one or two coloured lights are a shame, but perhaps it will develop with time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yeah its a great idea, away fans would love it, but they dont seem to be bothering at the moment

I think they made too much too soon of this idea but once the dust has settled and we have a few games' experience I don't see why it can't be done. Given the regionalised nature of most breweries and their distribution networks there doesn't need to be that wide a search to find something appropriate and with Dick's Bar up and running any surplus (bearing in mind you would probably only bring in a few casks per game) could be minimised.

Just a matter of time I think.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
We had some great craic with a Brighton fan and he seemed to like us
He was down to earth and seemed a real fan. He took our photos and we f***ed off. Maybe we are now centre spread on some gay website.

LMAO !!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

Its all to do with Dark Star as its them that will be sourcing it. at the moment they dont have the capacity but once the summer is over they will have a strong presence at the ground

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The Mackems have always been a decent bunch, I've got a few of them as friends on Facebook... I enjoyed reading their board today. I think they'll be ok this season even with Bruce in charge. It must hurt a lot to have lost 2 games in a row that they would have expected to win, so to be so dignified about us after last nights result takes some doing...

Good luck to them for the rest of the season and to anyone that knows the term "SAFCFTM"!

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
FTM!

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Pretty sure i read that the Blackpool fans had a local beer.

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
Wow, what a nice bunch of fans.
they arent all like that mind, as you can probably guess from the name i am from that site

i posted this on another SAFC board that doesnt have suicidal bleating morons after a minute of a game but ill just copy it onto here.
18 hours both ways on a coach to watch us play Brighton and got back into Sunderland at 6.15am, absolutely f***ed, thank god i had a holiday from work today, and the beauty of it is im doing another mammoth coach trip on Saturday to go down Swansea

I must be f***ing mad.

Anyway there was a reason i posted this, im struggling to remember why....just got up and reflecting on why i bothered to go down when even before i got the tickets i knew we would get beat, im putting it down to blind faith and my own idiocy, but a few things became apparent last night apart from me legs cant withstand a cramped coach for daft hours.

Firstly the positives.

Brighton's Pies were absolutely out of this world....just crazy lovely at least mine was anyway....pints were half decent but they would be after 6 of them.

Sunderland fans you git crazy mad idiots man, 1205 away fans for an away friendly just under 400 miles away on a Tuesday night is phenomenal support.

Jack Colback still looks a very decent footballer....nothing earth shatteringly amazing but its is astounding how composed he was under pressure, simple forward thinking pass and move football that after being subjected to years of Dean Whitehead is an absolute joy to watch.

thats it.

Now onto the negatives

We need a new striker, i dont care what anyone says...we and Newcastle both need someone like Bent (who we still havent replaced by the way) to just stop the profligacy of our attacking and just put the ball in the net...until we do this both us and Newcastle will have severe problems this season.

Elmohammady is not a right back....or left back...i was pissed but he isnt a defender anyway, he looks his best putting a cross into the box not standing off defenders or giving them too much space so they can.

Sessegnon as awesome as his footwork is he just needs to look for a pass instead of taking the ball past 10 players and trying to put it in, or just take it inside and put a cross in or try a shot, last night highlighted why he is a winger/Attacking Midfielder not a striker.

Gyan was lively when he came on but we can create the opportunities just not f***ing score from them, at times he still to me looks either unfit or nonchalant about being here and i still think he will be away this season.

and on to the biggie....Bruce.

I've seen it all through pre-season and the beginning of this season (bar Liverpool as i couldnt get tickets) that Bruce looks under pressure and defeatist, he just cant motivate his players to play well for him and when his Plan A fails....Usually a goal kick pinged into the box from the head of elmohammady which descends to shite and leads to nothing fails, he has no plan B,C or D, his tactics last night were nothing short of well....shockingly shite and after crowing in the media about a decent cup run, he leaves his strikers on the bench and puts Sessegnon up front and his players aimlessly punt the ball up field expecting him to get on the end of it.
He should have Brought on the strikers at say 60 minutes or so as it was apparent we were creating f*** all and were being outplayed...out fought and out Numbered all over the pitch.

im f***ed but before i try eating some shite to soak up the alcohol ill add in this.

The Brighton fans last night were absolutely out of this world, amazing loud support and tremendous respect to them.

Brighton if they continue to play that kind of football will be promoted within 2 years....and no way in f*** am i going to their ground again
i probably will like as its a class ground and did i mention the pies were awesome.

Just a small negative about Brightons new ground, why didnt they tell people before they stood in line at half time that they couldnt buy alcohol instead of letting them wait 15-20 minutes before they get to the till to say...you cant have a pint as we have none left in the pumps/we have reached our licencing limit to what they could sell .....minor gripe but teething problems that im sure will be resolved.

In Summary shite Match, 120 minutes of clueless shite, lush pies, shit trip there and back but excellent banter on the coach.
Good trip for my sins

I have bolded the only negative from the night....apart from no local ale on tap you lying twats :whistle:

apart from that a good night like....the only downside was the coach trip

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i posted this on another SAFC board that doesnt have suicidal bleating morons after a minute of a game but ill just copy it onto here.
Cheers for that.
I have bolded the only negative from the night....apart from no local ale on tap you lying twats :whistle:
Now when did I promise you local ale on tap? Presumably that is a teathing issue. We've all been told of what the club intends to do, but there was an interview with Tony Bloom not long ago when he said he didn't know if all the plans would go ahead (specifically having the away end lit in that sides colours). It's all early days, and since the stadium won't be finished until it's extended I imagine several things will remain unfinished.

Glad you liked the pies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here