Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some people really don't have enough to worry about

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seagullible said:
Those things were lethal! The mince in my pie was still bubbling away after the final whistle!

Bubbling Mince? Sounds like Craig in the Big Brother jacuzzi...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That post sounds like one of the grumpy old farts who have nothing else to do with their lives but write to the Argus, complaining about trivial things.

Like the guy who wrote in recently to complain that, in an Argus photo of four police officers on the seafront bike team, two of them weren't wearing cycle helmets.

Any half witted goon could see the photo was clearly a staged publicity shot and not a spontaneous image of them cycling along, but no. Mr Disgusted from Queens Park or wherever feels it necessary to point out what a bad example it was to children that two of them only had normal police helmets on.

The world has plenty of these people- so much time on their hands, yet so little to say!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
whats wrong with an old guy wanting a fork?

you can use the 'you may die tommorow' context to EVERYTHING though. i really dont understand why ive been worrying about my a levels, i mean i could die tommorow....

give the man his FORK i say

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think there was another quality letter in the Argus recently about someone running over a seagull with their car in Brighton and failing to stop.

Now I have as much respect for god's creatures as the next person, but expecting people to stop and caress the last flapping remnants of a bit of seagull roadkill is a bit much for me.

Especially in the middle of the Kings Road.

You can't beat the Argus letters page if you're in a bad mood, it never fails to make me chuckle.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
whats wrong with an old guy wanting a fork?

you can use the 'you may die tommorow' context to EVERYTHING though. i really dont understand why ive been worrying about my a levels, i mean i could die tommorow....

give the man his FORK i say

or you could give him one of your spoons

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If that's who I think it is, the bloke is Albion through and through.

He has been a season ticket holder for years.

He has travelled the length of the country to support the club, and you'll see him at the reserves and he'll take in the pre-season games as well.

He's more than a "super fan", the Albion is his life. He must have spent thousands in tickets and the club shop and if he thinks he deserves a fork then let him have one !

For him of all people to be accused of being critical of the way the club is run is laughable and insulting.

His knowledge and love of the Albion would put most on here to shame.

Last edited:

Re: Re: Some people really don't have enough to worry about

Icy Gull said:
wish my life was so good I had nothing better to do than trawl NSC for something to start a moaning thread about :)

ACTUALLY, I was checking to see if Insider had answered my FAR more important question about increasing the club's revenue from merchandise sales.

Guess what, he hasn't replied. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here