Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some minor details about our lovely new ground...............

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Minor stuff but just wondering :

1. Are we having static advertising hoarding or the flash LED moving stuff!

2. Are the dug outs going to have those huge Recaro style seats? Curious trend and what's wrong with a good old fashioned plastic seat.

3. What sort of posts and netting are we having? Personally I like the big box like continental style goals with a proper bright white netting that the ball nestles in properly. What I don't want is shallow goals like at Chelsea and see through nets like at Fulham and Everton

4. A question for the groundsman. Grass cut in straight up and down stripes of perhaps the exotic swirls displayed at some previous World Cups?

5. Red cinder like track between touchline and crowd or the more solid looking tarmac in perhaps solid Albion blue colours?

Anyone actually know or what would be your preferences?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

1. Are we having static advertising hoarding or the flash LED moving stuff! Static

2. Are the dug outs going to have those huge Recaro style seats? Curious trend and what's wrong with a good old fashioned plastic seat. So I've been told

5. Red cinder like track between touchline and crowd or the more solid looking tarmac in perhaps solid Albion blue colours? Tarmac will be sprayed blue

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower

1. Are we having static advertising hoarding or the flash LED moving stuff!

2. Are the dug outs going to have those huge Recaro style seats? Curious trend and what's wrong with a good old fashioned plastic seat.

3. What sort of posts and netting are we having? Personally I like the big box like continental style goals with a proper bright white netting that the ball nestles in properly. What I don't want is shallow goals like at Chelsea and see through nets like at Fulham and Everton

I hope we don't get Man City nets. The ball hits it and bounces back.

Sorry, i can't answer the questions though.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
1. Are we having static advertising hoarding or the flash LED moving stuff! Static please. The TV-style ones are too bloody distracting.

2. Are the dug outs going to have those huge Recaro style seats? Curious trend and what's wrong with a good old fashioned plastic seat. I'm pretty sure I heard the racing-car seats.

3. What sort of posts and netting are we having? Personally I like the big box like continental style goals with a proper bright white netting that the ball nestles in properly. What I don't want is shallow goals like at Chelsea and see through nets like at Fulham and Everton A rectangular one http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/images/smilies/shrug.gif

4. A question for the groundsman. Grass cut in straight up and down stripes of perhaps the exotic swirls displayed at some previous World Cups? The straight ones would be easier for linos I imagine.

5. Red cinder like track between touchline and crowd or the more solid looking tarmac in perhaps solid Albion blue colours? AFAIK they are painting them blue.

Anyone actually know or what would be your preferences?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought I read on the webcam thread that the tarmac was going to be black with BHA logos/badge painted on it? I know some posters on here suggested painting it blue, I think I'd prefer that to the logos.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I thought I read on the webcam thread that the tarmac was going to be black with BHA logos/badge painted on it? I know some posters on here suggested painting it blue, I think I'd prefer that to the logos.

I thought I read it would be painted blue *with* AMEX logos on it? Maybe I misread *goes to check*

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Can the away dug out have a cold untreated wooden bench with no back. While gus sits on a throne.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Distraction aside, I would have thought that electronic advertising boards would allow for more advertising and therefore greater income?

Distraction aside, I would have thought that electronic advertising boards would allow for more advertising and therefore greater income?

I may have dreamt this but i was under the impression that the electronic bord thingys were not visible to the players.

got to say i bloody hate the things.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I may have dreamt this but i was under the impression that the electronic bord thingys were not visible to the players.

got to say i bloody hate the things.

Totally agree. They're so bloody distracting.
You find that your eyes automatically wander to the moving adverts, I hate them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here