Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOME Leicester fans are a disgrace

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
SOME fans of all clubs are a disgrace, I cannot remember going to a game when I have not encountered a minority of idiots, including Brighton fans.
Back in the day these fans would have probably tried to kick me head in, at least we seem to have (in the most part ) moved on from that.
I am 49 and consider myself to be reasonable chap, but here's the thing, I am a bad loser, and I have said some really stupid things on the way out, after losing, that 30 mins later on the way home I bitterly regret.
One spectacular piece of stupidism was away at Grimsby, when we went down, we were all on the pitch and an old bloke put out his hand to shake ,and I gave him the slit throat sign. That is something that still haunts me when I think of it, unfortunatly there are other occasions to mention.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Being called a paedophile in front of children happens at every game? I doubt it.

Our fans once sang to Middlesbrough fans at Ayresome park in our play off year with Notts County 91? "You only score with your children" after a scandel involving social workers and local parents and children.

We aint no saints.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were talking to a couple of young Leicester fans , about early 20s I would guess, and they were very complimentary about us, the stadium, the way we played etc. The only point they wouldnt talk about at all was Joe Mattock even when stated that he was a good player for them their response was dont want to talk about him he is a **** fair play to them though, if that is their opinion.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Our fans once sang to Middlesbrough fans at Ayresome park in our play off year with Notts County 91? "You only score with your children" after a scandel involving social workers and local parents and children.

We aint no saints.

That's over 20 years ago, and wasn't after the game in a queue for a bus. And I'm sure I've posted that we have our own idiots as well.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think you could probably change the thread title to MOST.

Most decent people around the area are more interested in rugby and support the Tigers. Foxs fans tend to be the chav element - in the main.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Does not matter how long ago it was and yes we sang towards them at the match and I would guess Children were present so I dont see the differance

No difference between a crowd chanting inside a stadium and 3 pissed up thugs within 4 feet of a bus queue picking out someone with a child screaming "f***ing paedophile, you f***ing poofters" directly at me while I'm stood there minding my own business with my son?

If it doesn't matter how long ago would you still do it today?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Personally I do not care if they call me a poofter, because it is ok to be gay. I do take issue with them calling us paedophiles because being one is not ok. As for doing it in front of kids, they are vermin. The trouble is, as much as i love football, it is a cretin magnet so sadly, the insults come as part of the package and it will not change. It is not going to change in a hurry i am afraid.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
small children tend to be sensitive when aggressive adults are about

unsurprisingly. Of course kids get upset when adults are aggressive if they are not used to it. It is intimidating.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Leic. city have to be some of most unfriendly (and ignorant) supporters I have come across.

if you came accross them i am not surprised they were unfriendly!

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I think that every decent person should politely but firmly speak out against such behaviour and language. Silence just condones it IMO. If enough say it is unacceptable then , in time, it will stop. Serious persistent abuse should be reported to the police. Eventually they will do something about as will not want to have loads of unaswered complaints on file - looks bad for figures and image.

The only mitigation I can give Leicester is that they are angry with their team and they displace that anger on to the opponents - in this case the Albion. Beckford and Mills alone cost more than the whole Albion team put together yet they are stuck in mid table and we have a chance of making it to the play offs. They may be looking down a financial black hole! Will there expensive players want another season at Leicster? Will the backers cough up such huge sums for another season given no return this year? Leicester could easily find themselves losing players, in financial trouble and looking to avoid League 1. Now that would put a stop to he swearing and homophobic chanting!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
These people were clearly way out of order. Next time, report these numpties directly to the police, who seem to be taking these sorts of incidents (rightly) seriously this season.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have to say I was quite impressed with the Leics fans I was exposed to on sat. Falmer to Brighton train with my 8yo and 4 Leics fans stood in aisle directly next to us. Just as one was about to "...f***ing ref..." within earshot of my boy, one of his mates grabbed him and informed him that there was a kid behind him and had he spoken like that in front of his own kid, he'd have flattened him.
Rest of the journey, very pleasant banter with some lads who'd agreed that for both teams, the officials were dreadful.

If only some of the WSU were as thoughtful in front of their own kids as well as mine!

I have to say I was quite impressed with the Leics fans I was exposed to on sat. Falmer to Brighton train with my 8yo and 4 Leics fans stood in aisle directly next to us. Just as one was about to "...f***ing ref..." within earshot of my boy, one of his mates grabbed him and informed him that there was a kid behind him and had he spoken like that in front of his own kid, he'd have flattened him.
Rest of the journey, very pleasant banter with some lads who'd agreed that for both teams, the officials were dreadful.

If only some of the WSU were as thoughtful in front of their own kids as well as mine!

We do have a Family Stand though with zero tolerance. I would never dream of swearing in front of children in any circumstances but I'm afraid at football I do, It's not meant to offend or anything but the moment takes over and out the words come. Not the really bad words but swear words all the same.

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
I think you could probably change the thread title to MOST.

Most decent people around the area are more interested in rugby and support the Tigers. Foxs fans tend to be the chav element - in the main.

A very unfair comment, I would say about 1% of our fans are idiots so clearly not most. lots of people do support the tigers because they are a great team and do Leicester proud.

If anyone does get any footage of the OP's incident I can make our football liason officer aware so he can target these idiots at future matches.

Last edited:

A very unfair comment, I would say about 1% of our fans are idiots so clearly not most. lots of people do support the tigers because they are a great team and do Leicester proud.

If anyone does get any footage of the OP's incident I can make our football liason officer aware so he can target these idiots at future matches.

I would love it if we only had 1% idiots,don't get dragged into this one mate,best of luck with the rest of the season and you are very welcome down amex way!:thumbsup:

1964FOX

Sep 12, 2011
I would love it if we only had 1% idiots,don't get dragged into this one mate,best of luck with the rest of the season and you are very welcome down amex way!:thumbsup:

Thanks, you never know might be back in the next round of the F.A. Cup, but only if Mr 'F.A. Cup' Beckford wins his appeal and we kidnap Grant Holt.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This is something I've been trying to highlight to my missus. She's off the opinion that football fans are nothing more than lug-headed neanderthals too unintelligent to realise that kicking a ball around a field is pointless. It's very snobbish of her and we regularly have heated discussions about how the truth of it is most (the majority) fans are well meaning lads (and ladies) who enjoy watching a team they have passion for. Trouble is when she hears about idiots like these Leicester kids it catapults her onto her highest horse.

Banter is fine of course. Can you imagine how sterile matchday atmosphere would be without a bit of taunting? But when it goes beyond banter, as on this occasion, I think it's only right that people stand up and refuse to take it. It's unfortunate that the minority are continuing to give the rest of us a bad name.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Spoke to a lady from operations at the stadium today about this incident on Saturday, the CCTV would not have seen this but the stewards should have acted in her opinion. The stewards at the front of the bus queue were agency staff so once she has written her report up I have been assured it will be passed on to the relevant manager(s) to action at their next briefing. She was very apologetic, and glad that I'd made her aware of this type of problem.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I travelled on the train to and from Falmer with dozen or so Leicester fans in the carriage each way, yes there was a bit of 'gay' banter but it was said with a smile and returned by the albion fans with equal humour.
On the return journey they knew they didn't have a pray as any taunts were responded to with the 'one nil to the nancy boys' or 'we're gay but we still beat you'. OK it's not PC but created a good pre-match atmosphere and friendly banter after, 'just a town full of curry' probably isn't PC either but made everyone laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here