Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some interesting results last night

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Portugal lost 3-2 at home to Denmark. They were 2-1 up until the 90th minute. :D Reminds me of England v France a few years back. *shudder*

Luxembourg won away in Switzerland :ohmy:
Finland led Germany three times before finishing all square

Elsewhere, Australia won in their Asian qualifying group and the two Koreas drew 1-1 in a game played in Shanghei. Apparently FIFA moved it because N Korea won't play the South's anthem or raise their flag. WTF!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"William Tell, Roger Federer, Le Corbusier, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, can you hear me?"

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Switzerland probably suffering a HANGOVER from being shat all over in their own Euros.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Paraguay now 4 points clear in the South American qualifying group. Brazil drew 0-0 at home to Bolivia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would be lovely to see Brazil fail to qualify one day. However, seeing as South America (& CONCACAF I suppose) remain the cushiest qualifying groups, it won't ever happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disagree Sim. Would hate for Brazil not to be at the World Cup - it just wouldn't seem right without them.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Luxembourg Are Actually Quite A Good Side And Will Surprise Some People In This Campaign.

Why Are You Using Title Case For Your Reply?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
everyone knows that no south american team other than brazil and argentina will do ANYTHING

that's a basic FACT

Spot on. Apart from Uruguay. Who have won the world cup TWICE. But apart from that, it's a cast-iron nuggety FACT.

Oct 25, 2003
paraguay have got to the 2nd round, and perhaps the quarter finals, but apart from that, in my memory, none of the other samericans have done jack SHIT

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not entirely surprising. Brazil's population is huge, Argentina is about 30m. Nobody else seems to live there, with one exception.

Only Colombia have both a decent sized population and an underwhelming international record.

(Mexico is CONCACAF)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
paraguay have got to the 2nd round, and perhaps the quarter finals, but apart from that, in my memory, none of the other samericans have done jack SHIT

Ecuador gave us a good run for our money in '06. It is quite surprising that another nation has not really made a break for it, considering most/all of the nations live, breath and sleep football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here