Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some fans have sick humour

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
..oh the drama...

...I know. I'm outraged. Won't someone think of the children...

If I had to make a list of posters who are likely to get offended then you two would be top of the list. Every time, every subject. You remind me of Ned Flanders wife. You hear worse at any football game that's ever been and ever will be.

Are you sure football is the right thing for you considering your sensitivities?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My God, this is called 'North Stand Chat' isn't it. It hardly captures the spirit of the old North Stand, which I'm sure, as I remember it, wasn't populated by a bunch of old grannies looking for opportunities to be offended.

Comparing people on NSC to old grannies is actually offensive to old grannies!

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
" just one more thing Mr Garcia "

images.jpeg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If I had to make a list of posters who are likely to get offended then you two would be top of the list. Every time, every subject. You remind me of Ned Flanders wife. You hear worse at any football game that's ever been and ever will be.

Are you sure football is the right thing for you considering your sensitivities?

Oh, I am so upset, I will have to go and lie down in a darkened room.

I don't know where you got that quote from, but it wasn't from this thread. If you were to bother to read what I read properly, I was only pointing out the possibility that, If Oscar's FAMILY got wind of this, it might upset them. If you want to risk upsetting our manager's kids, then fair enough.

Personally, I am not easily offended. I do have a brain and like to consider the feelings of others, whether they be Oscar Garcia's children or some of the more "robust" people on here. I tend to try to avoid insulting people. I am not from the same school of people who always thought that Graeme Le Saux was a poof because he read the Guardian and collected antiques?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Blah, blah.

I made the quote up, obviously. And you have a brain. Congratulations. So do I and it's a little confused about your non-sequitur at the end of your post. The accusation wasn't an example of sick humour, just ****wittedness. Are you implying that I am of that way of thinking because I don't get offended on Oscar's behalf about this (admittedly weak) joke?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Many of you are missing the point, this twitter account is set up by http://www.amexswc.com where they also sell merchandise. It is not right for this group / e-magazine to be using the Amex brand if they cannot use it responsibly.

It is not just a forum where random people post all sorts of rubbish, this was uploaded by the admin of the account.

If anyone is going to be kindly allowed to use the brand identity and want to be affiliated with the club they should respect that privilege and not pollute the internet with rubbish.

It is offensive to the manager and it's an embarrasment to know that any of the fans who are setting up serious websites would even think about it.

Maybe ask for the thoughts of the club for their view on it, as it is their view that counts.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Blah, blah.

I was only giving you the courtesy of a response.

I made the quote up, obviously. And you have a brain. Congratulations. So do I and it's a little confused about your non-sequitur at the end of your post. The accusation wasn't an example of sick humour, just ****wittedness. Are you implying that I am of that way of thinking because I don't get offended on Oscar's behalf about this (admittedly weak) joke?

Why make the quote up. What's the point? The non-sequitur bit about Graeme le Saux was only as an illustration that some people jump to conclusions and stick with them. I wasn't implying anything in any of this about you. I am not particularly offended by it all. I just think, as you, that it is a weak joke and not particularly funny.

PS - and I think there are other people on here getting a lot more upset about it than I am.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Many of you are missing the point, this twitter account is set up by http://www.amexswc.com where they also sell merchandise. It is not right for this group / e-magazine to be using the Amex brand if they cannot use it responsibly.

It is not just a forum where random people post all sorts of rubbish, this was uploaded by the admin of the account.

If anyone is going to be kindly allowed to use the brand identity and want to be affiliated with the club they should respect that privilege and not pollute the internet with rubbish.

It is offensive to the manager and it's an embarrasment to know that any of the fans who are setting up serious websites would even think about it.

Maybe ask for the thoughts of the club for their view on it, as it is their view that counts.

Are you for real? How about unless what they are doing is illegal you mind your own business? If it offends you to look at it then don't look at it. Further than that, unless you've some official capacity as Hand-Wringer General at the club you've got no right telling people what they can and can't do. It might well be offensive/unfunny/embarrassing but them's the breaks.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Are you for real? How about unless what they are doing is illegal you mind your own business? If it offends you to look at it then don't look at it. Further than that, unless you've some official capacity as Hand-Wringer General at the club you've got no right telling people what they can and can't do. It might well be offensive/unfunny/embarrassing but them's the breaks.

What a load of bollards, I can say exactly what I want to get my point across, if you don’t like opinions you shouldn’t be on here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why make the quote up. What's the point? The non-sequitur bit about Graeme le Saux was only as an illustration that some people jump to conclusions and stick with them. I wasn't implying anything in any of this about you. I am not particularly offended by it all. I just think, as you, that it is a weak joke and not particularly funny.

PS - and I think there are other people on here getting a lot more upset about it than I am.

The made up quote was a fictitious but wholly plausible response to the equally made up quote from Baron P previously. Really, that's all there is to it.

And you don't think like me. You've thought about this way more than I have done. I don't care what Oscar thinks because he won't in all likelihood see it and if he does, it's up to him to decide if it's offensive or not.

"Jumping to conclusions" - so what conclusions will anybody jump to with this joke? Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Absolute garbage I'm afraid.

Without getting in to the usual pissing contests between sites and boards the history is approximately this. Someone who posts very occasionally on here set up a website and twitter account called Amex North Stand. Mainly photos of them and their mates and called so, I'd imagine, because they all go in the North Stand of the Amex stadium. No more connection with the club or American Express than that. If it ever changed to say, the Legal and General stadium I suspect the site would be renamed. ANS as they're known developed the site so that they raise a shed load of cash for charity, sponsor Spanish Dave and host a variety of writers, including myself.

Other people saw this on twitter and created similar accounts for the areas in which they sit. I follow Amex West Stand, Amex East Stand and the account you mentioned. It's perfectly clear to anyone but a simpleton that they are nothing to do with the club, supporters club, or Amex. They also clearly do not represent all the people who sit in that area. That would be ridiculous.

They do have a shop on their site but it is used for two things and two only. One is raising money for the REMF and the other for flags in that area.

They did a joke. Not funny to everyone but funny to some. Certainly nowhere near as offensive as you make it out to be. Perhaps they thought they might get a couple more followers who would then spend money on stuff for the REMF. If any of their followers were as lilly livered as you perhaps they actually lost followers instead. They would not be the first twitter account to make this mistake but then, after a while, the only way to NOT have people unfollow on twitter is to say nothing at all.

Now climb down off that high horse. It's a f***ing massive one so you'll need the rest of the day.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What a load of bollards, I can say exactly what I want to get my point across, if you don’t like opinions you shouldn’t be on here.

Eh? Am I going mad? Of course you can have an opinion but it is just that. You're the one trying to censor people. You're the one saying what people can and can't do. I'm merely stating that you've no right, unless it's in an official capacity, to stop them. We live in a free society. Sometimes people say and do things that are offensive to other people. The easiest way to deal with that is to ignore them.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Right I need to get this off my chest. I saw the promo for the Watford game yesterday entitled "fright night", in said video Oscar had red eyes, my second cousins best friend is an albino and now I'm deeply offended, infact I think I'm going to go and scream for a policeman.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To be fair it's normally you who gets offended easily going by your history on here. Remember when you flounced a while back?

I've never flounced as far as I can remember - care to point me to said post ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Now climb down off that high horse. It's a f***ing massive one so you'll need the rest of the day.

Get over yourself, and you Buzzer, I found the image on Leroy Lita's twitter account because AmexSWC had connected with him, this image also appeared on BHAFC twitter because of a connection.

It is fair to say that I was very curious to see how this ended up on Lita's twitter account, would you not be?, because he didn't upload it.

So yep it caught my attention.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dear:

Baron "I'm gay everyone" :bigwave: Pepperpot
Cuddly Churchy Dave of Southampton
And Mr RandomLettersBeginningWithS

This was nothing but a rather unfunny, very weak "joke". About as funny and offensive as a Croydon-related quip from seagullovergrimsby, in fact. Please refrain from feeling offended on other people's behalf. You come across as a right bunch of drips.

Thanks.
Pretty much everybody else
:thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The made up quote was a fictitious but wholly plausible response to the equally made up quote from Baron P previously. Really, that's all there is to it.

And you don't think like me. You've thought about this way more than I have done. I don't care what Oscar thinks because he won't in all likelihood see it and if he does, it's up to him to decide if it's offensive or not.

"Jumping to conclusions" - so what conclusions will anybody jump to with this joke? Are you saying what I think you're saying?

The answer to the "are you saying what I think you are saying" is probably "No", and that is without having the slightest idea of what you think I might be saying. That might sound like a joke, but I don't know how better to put it.

All I meant is that some people will make assumptions or be very stuck in their opinions or ways of thinking. I probably didn't put it very well. Some people are more sensitive to these things (i.e. the possibility of giving offence)than others. And I say sensitive "to" rather than sensitive "about" deliberately. I am not particularly taking offence (sensitive about), but am conscious of the possibility (sensitive to) of offending others who may be less able to take it..

I am not averse to sick humour - in fact might even consider it a guilty pleasure, but this wasn't funny anyway.

I'm going back to the Infinite Jukebox. It's less complicated.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Get over yourself, and you Buzzer, I found the image on Leroy Lita's twitter account because AmexSWC had connected with him, this image also appeared on BHAFC twitter because of a connection.

It is fair to say that I was very curious to see how this ended up on Lita's twitter account, would you not be?, because he didn't upload it.

So yep it caught my attention.

It's not on Lita's timeline. Or his images (screen shot below)

1alita.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here