_61736469_olympics_streetart.jpg

First one removed already.

Teddy-Baden.jpg

2.jpg

olympics-graffiti-crimial-chalkist-bristol.jpeg

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Nice! I took my son to see the torch today and the whole thing was sponsored up to the eyeballs! Free Coca cola, coca cola drums, samsung beaters etc. Good to see artists redressing the balance a bit.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Like it or not the Olmypics could not Be hosted in the fashion they will be without these major sponsors.They raised near on 1 billion -I think they are entitled to a bit of branding hear and there.

Can you honestly say that the coca cola and Samsung buses really spoiled the Olympic torch relay? I was more interested in the fella who was holding the torch who honestly looked like he was going to explode with pride.Again without the sponsors these guys wouldn't have had the opportunity to do that as the relay simply wouldn't have happened like it has

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can you honestly say that the coca cola and Samsung buses really spoiled the Olympic torch relay? I was more interested in the fella who was holding the torch who honestly looked like he was going to explode with pride.Again without the sponsors these guys wouldn't have had the opportunity to do that as the relay simply wouldn't have happened like it has

Quite, they went past me a good 5 minutes before the torch did.

Can you imagine if Coronation Street got the torch instead of Eastenders, it would have been wal to wall adverts and they would have held it up for a mid-torch ad break

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Quite, they went past me a good 5 minutes before the torch did.

Can you imagine if Coronation Street got the torch instead of Eastenders, it would have been wal to wall adverts and they would have held it up for a mid-torch ad break

Exactly - the sponsors buses must have been told to be well ahead of the actual torch which really managed to keep the integrity of the event in place.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Like it or not the Olmypics could not Be hosted in the fashion they will be without these major sponsors.They raised near on 1 billion -I think they are entitled to a bit of branding hear and there.

The sponsors being there wasn't the thing that was annoying. After all, what is so bad about them giving out some free stuff or driving through on a big lorry? The thing that annoyed me was that the BBC drove too close to the torch bearer so you only got to see him for 3 seconds. That made getting a picture very difficult.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
The sponsors being there wasn't the thing that was annoying. After all, what is so bad about them giving out some free stuff or driving through on a big lorry? The thing that annoyed me was that the BBC drove too close to the torch bearer so you only got to see him for 3 seconds. That made getting a picture very difficult.

True. Although we were very lucky where we positioned ourselves, as by chance the bus carrying the torch bearers dropped the next person off directly in front of us, allowing us to have close up pics, even managed to get some of the family posing with the torch. Seeing the torches kissing etc also good, but if the person just rn past, i can imagine the BBC bus being annoying

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Like the one of the Palace fan on the rob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here