Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solskjaer that would be flair city.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
That would be pretty damn FLAIR. So what does he currently do? Something to do with the Utd reserves? The players would definitely have to have a bit of respect for someone that has scored a winner in the European cup. Can we have him AND Poyet??

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Solskjaer manager
Poyet assistant.

That is stuff dreams are made of.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would love him to work alongside Poyet, now that would be FLAIR

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
If he has shown an interest as 'The Argus' is reporting we should bite his hand off; just look at the players who've spent a significant time under the stewardship of Ferguson that have had some degree of success - Bruce, Keane, Ince - not to mention his boy, Darren.

Get him in!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Solskjaer in

In on Loan
Wellbeck
Macheda
Van Der Sar

:bowdown: :lolol:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Im not normally a fan of these recently retired premiership players becoming managers. It never seems to work out for them, Tony adams and john barnes being two examples. just because you're a good player doesnt make you a good manager. but ferguson has backed solskjear saying he is manager material, and he has been managing the Man Utd reserves for the past few years, so maybe things could be different with him. If he brought a decent coach in with him then i think id be satisfied. How many managers can say they scored the winner in a champions league final!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
and bring in brighton legend cantona in as number two:love:

Saw Cantona a couple of years back managing the French beach football team in Rio. You really wouldn't want to face him if you put in a shit performance. He actualy threw one of his players on the pitch because he was too slow coming on. Hilarious

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Solskjaer for Brighton - sounds like pie in the sky to me, but I'd be all in favour if it did happen. I'd like to win the lottery too.........

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Solskjaer for Brighton - sounds like pie in the sky to me, but I'd be all in favour if it did happen. I'd like to win the lottery too.........

Andy Naylor said so. So it MUST be true.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
İbrahim Tatlıses;3203450 said:
I'm sorry but this is a f***ing NO BRAINER.

Just LOOK at the list of quality managers that have played for, let alone trained as reserve team coach, with Sir Alex at Manchester United.

Keane
McClaren
Bruce
Ince
Hughes
McGhee
Strachan
Coppell
Robson
Laurent Blanc

I'm sure there are more. If he really has declared his interest as the Argus seem to be suggesting. GET HIM IN NOW! We could have a potentially world class manager on our hands, f*** Poyet!

Well, McClaren and Robson aren't much of an advert for Fergie's old boys; Keane's done nothing yet....and Brian Kidd was awful.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting. I wouldn't really want somebody so inexperienced, but I'd probably make an exception, albeit with someone experienced in the background.

He's hardly going to have much experience with all the stuff that needs to be done off the pitch and the training pitch.

But he's very well regarded by Manchester United. I was reading up on him about a year ago for some reason, El Presidente is right - Fergie sees something in him and the miserable old man does know what he talking about.

The Norweigian FA wanted him for the National job and we was rumoured to be taking the Rosenburg job last week though.

Would be a definate asset in getting players from the higher leagues on loan I would have thought.

Big thing that worries me is having a rookie manager alongside a rookie chairman. I'd actually be happier having him here with Dick Knight behind the scenes.

If (and it's a big if) he has actually applied, it means he is willing to build his experience in the lower leagues rather than walk into the big one automatically like Shearer etc...

mmm.. I think on balance I'd be happy with him, but would be happier with Poyet.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The problem with OGS is that he looks about 12 years old. If the players had problems respecting the regime of roly poly baldy 40-something Russell Slade, how are they going to respect someone who is softly spoken, with English not his first language and who looks as though he should be collecting Ben 10 stickers rather than managing a football club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here