Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Solly has had so much bad luck . . .

To see him back on top form would be amazing. I really hope he makes it.

Agreed.

I just want to see him back in the squad so at the very least he can bow out or retire with dignitiy and a big home crowd in his own good time.

Jesus Christ, hold on. A minute ago you wanted him back on top form, now you'd be happy with a wave goodbye.

Nothing but the very best for one of our own please.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Blimey I hope that school team won a few things
Don’t think so particularly but also can’t answer that for sure. It was St Bedes but apparently he want the best player at school. Remember he was at Lewes first etc. His dad is also a lovely bloke who watches the Albion home and away. A credit to………. Hailsham 🤣

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Don’t think so particularly but also can’t answer that for sure. It was St Bedes but apparently he want the best player at school. Remember he was at Lewes first etc. His dad is also a lovely bloke who watches the Albion home and away. A credit to………. Hailsham 🤣

He was at Palace before Lewes (I’m not sure what that proves in terms of how good he was as a kid).

At a Chiddingly CC match at the start of the month (he used to play for them) I spoke to him and he said he'd be available for the first team a month into the season. He said he's all good.

On the day of the QPR game the first team of the cricket club my oldest boy plays for had a game against Chiddingly. I got a text from the club chairman asking if my lad wanted to sub field for the firsts as they’d had an injury. He couldn’t as we were already in London for the friendly. My son was gutted to miss a chance to play for the firsts even as a sub fielder, imagine how much more gutted he was when he found out Solly has turned up to watch the match as well.

Thankfully we bumped into Solly before the Crawley game on Tuesday and he managed to get a photo with him.

Last edited:

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
He was at Palace before Lewes.

IMG_9998.jpeg

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He has excelled - was never even the best player at school from what lads in his year have told me. But is a humble lad and deserves nothing but success. How good was he under RDZ!? Hope he smashes it again.

At a Chiddingly CC match at the start of the month (he used to play for them) I spoke to him and he said he'd be available for the first team a month into the season. He said he's all good.
@Han Solo

Thoughts?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He has excelled - was never even the best player at school from what lads in his year have told me. But is a humble lad and deserves nothing but success. How good was he under RDZ!? Hope he smashes it again.
Plenty of our own fans underrated his ability, maybe his schoolmates did the same?
He's never been a flashy winger, very few tricks.

His humble nature, has fooled many people over the years.
Maybe his schoolmates felt the same?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, people can develop later. I know someone who played with Gary Lineker as a kid and said that he wasn't the best player in the team. And I've mentioned before that I have a mate who was in the school team with Andy Kennedy. He said that Mad Dog wasn't even in the best four or five players in the team and was one of the last people he thought would have made it as a pro.

So, it wouldn't shock me that Solly was nothing special at 15/16.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I wonder how common this is with pro footballers. I know it was the same with Dan Harding and his school/youth football team. Sure there must be many more.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
So frickin good to see Solly back training after that horrible day at Man City. If he can come pack and find the from he was producing under Roberto we've another superb option on the wing. COME ON SOLLY!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wonder how common this is with pro footballers. I know it was the same with Dan Harding and his school/youth football team. Sure there must be many more.
Played against Dan Harding and he really wasn’t that amazing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely impossible. He will be locked in some private members club somewhere with Hollywood A-listers.

He loves his cricket, he is best mates with my nephew’s cricket coach at Heathfield CC.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A friend of mine played with Murray in non-league in the Lake District when they were 17/18. Same story, he was apparently decent, but by no means the best player. But Glenn used to go to the gym when they all used to go out on the piss in the town. 10 years later and we was playing in the Premier League.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the day of the QPR game the first team of the cricket club my oldest boy plays for had a game against Chiddingly. I got a text from the club chairman asking if my lad wanted to sub field for the firsts as they’d had an injury. He couldn’t as we were already in London for the friendly. My son was gutted to miss a chance to play for the firsts even as a sub fielder, imagine how much more gutted he was when he found out Solly has turned up to watch the match as well.

Thankfully we bumped into Solly before the Crawley game on Tuesday and he managed to get a photo with him.
Yeah, that was the game I spoke to him at. Fair play to him turning up in the rain to watch his team in Division 4 East of the SCL though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here