Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sold out of beer before 7?

Somebody really needs their arse kicking for this. The club sells beer for what, £3.60 a pint but doubtlessly pays just a fraction of this buying in bulk at wholesale values. They only have a few hours each month in which they can sell it, yet there doesn't seem any urgency ensuring that stocks are replenished during these 'golden windows'. People are missing out on their pints and the club is foregoing revenue; it's a lose-lose situation.

Somebody really needs their arse kicking for this. The club sells beer for what, £3.60 a pint but doubtlessly pays just a fraction of this buying in bulk at wholesale values. They only have a few hours each month in which they can sell it, yet there doesn't seem any urgency ensuring that stocks are replenished during these 'golden windows'. People are missing out on their pints and the club is foregoing revenue; it's a lose-lose situation.

Yep got to agree with you as it's not rocket science. Took over 20 mins to be served during which time not a pint of Harveys in sight and hey presto an empty barrel. Why only have 1 barrel - wait for it to run out and then take a lot of pre match time to replace it?? The people behind me had come from another kiosk where they had sold out altogether?

On top of that the pie was sh!t - seriously overcooked and mush inside.

Not moaning but pointing out poor cistomer service which is costing them money and a bad reputation. Yes it's a great stadium but how about some intelligent management?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

No the club do NOT sell the beer - the catering company sell the beer - the club have NOTHING to do with the day to day running of the catering

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Yep got to agree with you as it's not rocket science. Took over 20 mins to be served during which time not a pint of Harveys in sight and hey presto an empty barrel. Why only have 1 barrel - wait for it to run out and then take a lot of pre match time to replace it?? The people behind me had come from another kiosk where they had sold out altogether?

On top of that the pie was sh!t - seriously overcooked and mush inside.

Not moaning but pointing out poor cistomer service which is costing them money and a bad reputation. Yes it's a great stadium but how about some intelligent management?

Coooo some peopel. I can recall the absolute luxury of a Waggon wheel and a cup of scalding not tea that was melting the polystyrene cup constitued the sophisticated half time refreshment package at the Goldstone..............

The very concept of getting a beer INSIDE the ground was prepsoterous.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A little fact,.... I was served with 2 pints of Harveys in the WSU south outlet after the match at 21:50..... not rumour, and it was very tasty too.

It did run out shortly after.... but 10 mins later we saw 2 more barrels arriving from the lift.

Mar 10, 2006
Seems to me that people still can't get their heads around the fact that this is a football stadium not a f***ing 5* hotel. Fed up with precious C***S going on about their f***ing beer. If you are that f***ing worried about it go down the pub instead of going to football.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Things do go wrong we all know that, however I don't think it is unreasonable for Aseros to point out failings in the system. If the club are not concerned about this or working to correct it then they need to know. At the very least they are losing money.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The majority of the beer at this particular kiosk was gone by 6:30pm. Wasn't a case of pints not being prepoured. It was all gone. Every so often they manage to squeeze out a fosters or a harveys. When I got the front of the queue everything had gone bar 2 pints of Harveys. Of which I had one. I asked when they would be getting more and he said "in about 30 mins". Now in all fairness they had known for 30 mins previously that they were running out. Yet you had people standing behind who normally pour the pints looking completely lost, they weren't doing anything to resolve the situation.

Yes, I am complaining but that is because I find it annoying as did many other people in the queue at the time.

Note: I didn't actually want Harveys. Just seems a little odd that they always run out of beer that isn't harveys! Is it because people don't like it ORRRRRRRRRR because there is a tiny bit of agreement between the club and the brewery. I mean....forcing people to have harveys. Brilliant idea.

Note:

It was all the beers bar a tiny bit of Harveys that had run out. They didn't all run out at the same time, why couldn't someone go grab another barrel?

Not just a moaner, conspiracy theorist as well!

:rolleyes:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sad to report that I didn't get a pie for my tea last night :( due to train problems I missed first two minutes of the match and made the decision to go straight to my seat rather than buy food. The thought of a pie at HT was getting me through the first half, so at HT joined the queue got to the front to find out there was no food left at all. Double wispa bar for me for dinner last night... Not a moan per ce just my own little bad of sadness...

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i watched this game online with a chinese and four bottles of kölsch ...
i feel sooooooo sorry for those of you at the game :

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
The reality is the club are losing out on revenue. I was in the away end last night. Queued for 15 minutes before the game and failed to get served before they stopped serving alcohol, left my seat a few minutes before half time and still failed to get served before they stopped serving alcohol.

Two queues either side of the till and one person serving both queues.

If you have got close on 2400 football fans surely it makes sense to have a few pints already poured at half time and more people serving.

PS When they stopped serving at half time all they had left was cider.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've never been to another ground where, when I've wanted a beer, I've been told 'Sorry mate, all gone (for now)'.

How many home games have we had now?

How many games does it take to get it right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here