Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sold out of beer before 7?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Very depressing :(

Welll. the first bar at the entrance to WSU had 2 pints of Harveys left. Luckily I got one! I am guessing they replenished after that, but still incredibly annoying!

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
go cry somewhere else eh.

I tell you what, if anyone from our club read this, NSC comes arcross as the most ungrateful fans in history.

Remember where we have come from ffs.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

I tell you what, if anyone from our club read this, NSC comes arcross as the most ungrateful fans in history.

I partly agree about all the moaners but I'm sure the club will be as concerned as the OP that they had some problems last night in the WSU (anywhere else?). They lost out on a hell of a lot of beer sales.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I partly agree about all the moaners but I'm sure the club will be as concerned as the OP that they had some problems last night in the WSU (anywhere else?). They lost out on a hell of a lot of beer sales.

Of course, the club already know there is issues. Staff telling supervisors they ran out at 7, that gets passed up the chain.

What we dont need is divs moaning every week about the same things.

Gets boring mate really.

:cheers:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course, the club already know there is issues. Staff telling supervisors they ran out at 7, that gets passed up the chain.

really? so they know about the problems, but do nothing to resolve it? seems people are right to moan about it then.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
really? so they know about the problems, but do nothing to resolve it? seems people are right to moan about it then.

things take time to get sorted, your an ungrateful fan aint ya.

i hope next time you get a bad pint and get gut rot for 4 days.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So do you really think that no more Harveys was brought up and that they went the rest of the evening with no Harveys at that outlet??

It was probably just a case of more being brought up as they ran out / low - they can't pump it to the WSU from a beer cellar but have to dispense it from the kiosks which have limited space, so they bring up more when its needed via the lifts. There were also other places they could have got it from including the mobile sellers

There isn't really an issue here

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The sheer scale of Harvey's sales must have exceed everybodies expectations. As beer isn't an instant commodity Harvey's may take a few weeks to ensure they produce sufficient quantities and well as keeping their pubs stocked.

Seeing the numbers published on here I wonder how the amount produced for the Amex so far compares to their annual production in the past

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

What we dont need is divs moaning every week about the same things.

Gets boring mate really.

:cheers:

Yeah it does a bit. Besides which l feel sure they didnt 'run out', thats inconceivable for a match of last night's importance. probably just a link missing in the chain, a delay in getting another barrel in from wherever they are stored.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So do you really think that no more Harveys was brought up and that they went the rest of the evening with no Harveys at that outlet??

well our reporter doesnt tell us, though i do expect the situation was resovled. im highlighting billy big balls southern_sid's attitude that everyone should shut up and say nothing is pretty stupid. all the OP said was its annoying, it certainly is and you'd expect them to have stock to last through to 7.45pm. if this issue is being raised repeatedly, clearly theres an underlying problem not being addressed (hopefully not because someone like southern_sid is telling everyone to ignore the ungrateful punters)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just for those who read this OP and think that the place was dry from 7pm onwards ..... it wasn't!

The beer was certainly flowing on WSU when I went for my HT pie and pint.

Ok, so sometimes they run out of pre-poured pints when it gets busy. Deal with it people.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
well our reporter doesnt tell us, though i do expect the situation was resovled. im highlighting billy big balls southern_sid's attitude that everyone should shut up and say nothing. all the OP said was its annoying, it certainly is and you'd expect them to have stock to last through to 7.45pm. if this issue is being raised repeatedly, clearly theres an underlying problem not being addressed (hopefully not because someone like southern_sid is telling everyone to ignore the ungrateful punters)

Im not saying that

im saying people moaning, and moaning, relentlessly about the same things

god, football fans do my nut.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

I agree,

Had a great evening myself, saw an excellent game. Don't care about all the small things, your going to a football match not the cinema.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yeah it does a bit. Besides which l feel sure they didnt 'run out', thats inconceivable for a match of last night's importance. probably just a link missing in the chain, a delay in getting another barrel in from wherever they are stored.

Quite - I had a pint in WSL "Beer & Pie" hatch. There is a difference between "All the beer ran out before 7pm" and "the beer had run out where I went, and there was a delay whilst a new barrel was brought up".

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Quite - I had a pint in WSL "Beer & Pie" hatch. There is a difference between "All the beer ran out before 7pm" and "the beer had run out where I went, and there was a delay whilst a new barrel was brought up".

The majority of the beer at this particular kiosk was gone by 6:30pm. Wasn't a case of pints not being prepoured. It was all gone. Every so often they manage to squeeze out a fosters or a harveys. When I got the front of the queue everything had gone bar 2 pints of Harveys. Of which I had one. I asked when they would be getting more and he said "in about 30 mins". Now in all fairness they had known for 30 mins previously that they were running out. Yet you had people standing behind who normally pour the pints looking completely lost, they weren't doing anything to resolve the situation.

Yes, I am complaining but that is because I find it annoying as did many other people in the queue at the time.

Note: I didn't actually want Harveys. Just seems a little odd that they always run out of beer that isn't harveys! Is it because people don't like it ORRRRRRRRRR because there is a tiny bit of agreement between the club and the brewery. I mean....forcing people to have harveys. Brilliant idea.

Note:

It was all the beers bar a tiny bit of Harveys that had run out. They didn't all run out at the same time, why couldn't someone go grab another barrel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here