Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sol Campbell - what's the story then?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seriously, what is the deal?

Nervous breakdown on the count of living a 15 year double life, hiding his sexuality, etc?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Campbell was at fault for West Ham's first two goals and told club physio Gary Lewin at half-time that he "could not go on". He left the ground amid rumours that he planned to quit football for good.

Robert Pires is reported in the Sun as saying that Campbell's dip in form is down to a "big worry in his personal life". Partner Kelly Hoppen has recently said she is in love with someone else and Campbell is said to be tortured.

"Sol has a big worry on the private side and that is what is upsetting him," Pires is quoted as having told a French radio station. "We want to tell him and make him understand that we are behind him whatever happens. We all have difficult times in our careers. It is hard for him to face up to the situation, but he is not alone. He knows that and we have told him."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1701594,00.html

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It appears to be something about his personal life that is eating him up, he is worried about the reaction when it hits the press. There have been rumours about Sol for some time, possibly in relation to his sexuality, so bloody what it is 2006 does anybody really care. I suppose we will have to wait until this Sundays' News of the Screws to find out, when they try to ruin yet another career.

My worry is that he may just go into meltdown mode, we need him to be at his best for the World Cup, he was probably first choice of the three central defenders (others being Ferdinand and Terry), if he doesn't sort out his personal issues he may not even make it to Germany.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Purely speculation, but a media contact muttered something about Dido denying Sol's advances, which I'm not taking seriously.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
all to come out, so to speak, this weekend apparently

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
twickers, it's probably Mido not Dido!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Er...anyway, Dido did turn him down, but I don't think his problems are about Dido.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Great piece from some random weblog....

Does Sol Campbell take it up the arse?
by jonecc @ 2006-01-09 - 10:05:38

That was the question on Spurs fans' lips during their brief happy interlude in the game against Leicester yesterday.

Persistent rumours surround Campbell, so as your roving investigative journalist I googled on Sol Campbell gay rumours, and found nothing new. Lots of stuff on Sol Campbell, and lots of gay rumours (which might for instance be the early version of Tony's band that he doesn't want us to know about), but no fresh or compelling rumours about Sol specifically.

If you ask me, some fans are just relentless in their curiosity about exactly who might be persuaded to take it up the arse. I'm not unsympathetic to their needs, but really they could use the personals rather than declaiming their longing to the world en masse, when the rest of us are really just trying to concentrate on the game.

No wonder they had to introduce all seater stadiums - they must have been buggering each other senseless on the terraces.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Tomorrow morning's papers say he's concerned about shagging either the fashion designer Karen Millen, or some 18 yo bint from Essex.

f*** me, I wish I had his problems... :rolleyes:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
what the f*** does it matter. If he's breaking the law then he deserves what he gets, if he's shagging anyone who is legal then so f***ing what.

He's paramount to whatever we do in Germany, so whoever is setting him up, get lost.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Superphil said:
what the f*** does it matter. If he's breaking the law then he deserves what he gets, if he's shagging anyone who is legal then so f***ing what.

He's paramount to whatever we do in Germany, so whoever is setting him up, get lost.

Superphil, I've been meaning to ask: how did you get on at your interview for the FA Press Officer job...?:D

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
mmm, the FA interview, that will be "f*** All" then.

But seriously, whatever is going on, do we really care? it's the likes of the Mail, Sun, Sky who are making this into something major. We all have our problems, why is he being singled out, he's not a media darling, he keeps out of the limelight, he keeps himself to himself, it seems to me that people ate desparate to uncover something that really isn't there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here