Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sol Campbell quits Notts County?

Fron the Nottingham Evening Post site this morning

Sol Campbell has left Notts County
Wednesday, September 23, 2009, 09:

SOL Campbell has left Notts County, the Evening Post understands.

The 35-year-old defender only signed a multi-million pound five-year deal with the Magpies last month.

And he only made one appearance for the club, in the 2-1 defeat at Morecambe in League Two on Saturday.

The club has not made an official statement.

Comments (15)
labour are rubbish, Gordon Brown is rubbish, thats news. Graham, Stapleford

this should be in the sports section-not the real news section...sort it out. mr tumnus, narnia Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 12:13

I am a Forest fan but I honestly think Notts will be better off minus Sol.
In his prime Sol was a world class defender but I doubt he is still as the hunger for football at Notts level or any other level come to mentionit it.
Notts need players who are committed to the cause.
Also I am very concerned about the intentions of Munto,
and now I guess avid County fans must also have concerns about the situation at Meadow Lane.
My thoughts are stick with Charlie Mc and give all the support he deserves. Barry, Stapleford

My mate knows a bloke on the Board, and the reason Campbell has left is because Notts County are about to receive a 30 point deduction due to the takeover. FACT Ben Harrison, Eastwood

I also hope you keep Charlie - he is a decent bloke & a decent manager."

Grim Reaper, unlike a lot of Forest fans on here who are just taking the michael you seem to be talking sense by saying that.

I still think we can get promoted; our form this season is not bad, and we are unbeaten at home!

As for Charly, I agree we shouldn't be looking to get rid; he is a good, honest, canded manager. And you Forest fans should know that; he was part of the Barlo-Mcparland doubleact who took you from bottom of league 1 to just outside the play offs. Mr. Sensible, You pies! Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 11:37 Name *
Email *
What is the primary reason you are reporting this message as abusive? General Abuse Profanity Explicit Content Impersonation Harassment Slander Racial Abuse Religious Abuse Spam Private Information
Additional Comments?

All these old time past there sell date players come to clubs looking for an easy ride into retirement, Forest have had Lennon and Cole now Notts have had Sol Campbell.For Notts County this Munto business is all going to end in tears and failure they will be gone by xmas along with Sven and his Journeyman companion. John Bird, radcliffe on trent Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 11:23 Name *
Email *
What is the primary reason you are reporting this message as abusive? General Abuse Profanity Explicit Content Impersonation Harassment Slander Racial Abuse Religious Abuse Spam Private Information
Additional Comments?

NG1 must be closing soon then Anthony, work Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 11:23 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

What makes us laugh though is the amount of Forest fans who are laughing about this after they categorically stated they 'weren't bothered'..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arent. But after all the grief county fans have been giving us about how rich they are, and how we cant afford anything....this is hillarious!

Course we're going to laugh.

What next for county, will the manager be sacked and the farce continues grayson, sneinton Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 11:17 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

Definitely not one for the STATS Julia! Doc, Farnborough Road Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 11:06 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

To be honest most Notts fans will agree that this is proably for the best.

What makes us laugh though is the amount of Forest fans who are laughing about this after they categorically stated they 'weren't bothered'.. yeh course you weren't.

Anyway come on you pies, we can now concentrate on league 2. A notts fan, Nottingham Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 10:57 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

ROFLCOPTER Freedom Fighter, St Anns Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 10:48 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

I did tell you Pies fans that when something seems to be to good to be true it usually is. I hope you focus on getting players that are right for getting you out of division 2. I also hope you keep Charlie - he is a decent bloke & a decent manager. The Grim Reaper, Lower Brian Clough Stand Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 10:01 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

you could have taken Billy with you Mr.Mister, Lenton Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 09:49 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha MRmr, In and around Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 09:47 Name *
Email *
Additional Comments?

To good to be true munto who are ya who are ya lmao. red_dog, nottingham Report abuse commented on 23-Sep-2009 09

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't Campbell walk out at half time during a game for Arsenal once ?
At least he played the whole game for County on Saturday.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Peter Trembling, Executive Chairman said: "While we are disappointed that Sol felt that he could not adjust to the long term nature of the project underway at Notts County, we obviously wish him the best with the remainder of his career and hope that he is able to obtain a place where he can play at International level ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

What the heck does that last bit mean?!!!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
It occurs to me that this may be Sol doing some good...

IF their new owners fail the FA test, they bugger off. Leaving the club with a bit of debt in the form of his £40,000 a week wages. If they are expecting all this, then Mr Campbell may well be due a bit of slack. For about a week.

IF all this happens, I will be very interested in how Sven deals with his unpaid wages....

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3133890 said:
I think the guy has some deep issues personally.

Mind you, no matter what I was feeling, for 40k a week I think I'd at least attempt to kick a ball around a field for 90 minutes every week.

For me, it was when his Dad died. He was never the same player after that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What unpaid wages ?
They've mutually terminated his contract. Campbell is just walking away.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a queer business...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here