Now,what could possibly interest Campbell in Brighton?:cheery:

I know what I'm interested in

his Mrs

fiona-barratt-335219985.jpg

YES

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
he's got the turning circle of the Mary Rose!! I think if you got a full attendance at the Amex & we all lined up in a race across the pitch (i know it would be crowded)
Sol Cambell would be in the last 10% of finishers! & before someone says it not just because he wants to look at a lot of bums !!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No thanks.

Old, slow and just looking for one final payday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested him a few weeks ago as with El Abd and Elphick out until Christmas he would prove a better bet than a young inexperienced Lewis Dunk, if he would accepta 3month contract with a view to an extention it could serve our purpose and enable us to see if he was still good enough.
. The two problems are the wage he may seek and we would need a fleet footed defensive midfielder to sit just infront of the back four to cover both his and Greer's lack of pace. In his younger days he played at left and right back for Spurs and England so is adaptable.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
no thanks rather have el abd and greer :eek:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Won't he be playing for the other side?

The rumour that started about the time he left Tottenham, strangely.

Wish he could play for the Albion, but we could never afford his wages.
His agent was on Talksport at the weekend, and said he still wants to get back in the England squad. Obviously unlikely, but indicative of which level he'd want to play at and his £ demands.

No thanks was a great player but to old and slow now

Too old and slow??? Have you lot forgotten about Guy Butters?! The player infamously sold on Ebay 'cause he was "too old and slow". What he lacked in pace, he more than made up for in football brain and experience. I think the same goes for Sol Campbell. Would compliment El-Abd and Greer well to be honest.

Dad 38

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Too old and slow??? Have you lot forgotten about Guy Butters?! The player infamously sold on Ebay 'cause he was "too old and slow". What he lacked in pace, he more than made up for in football brain and experience. I think the same goes for Sol Campbell. Would compliment El-Abd and Greer well to be honest.

when he played his one game for notts county he was awful and saw him play for newcastle last year and he was slow and his best days are long gone

when he played his one game for notts county he was awful and saw him play for newcastle last year and he was slow and his best days are long gone

I just think he'll surprise us to be honest. Everyone said Butters best days were gone (hence Ebay) and look what happened..... the guy was a model of consistency.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he would be immense, I bet he is a lot quicker than you lot are giving him credit for, and as someone else said its not all about pace...positioning is 90% of the game...id bet hes faster than John Terry still.

If he was in shape and happy to play for 10k a week id give him a years deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here