Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Softening the blow....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Would you ever bet on the oppo to win to soften the blow of defeat? Obviously a rather extreme example tonight

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will probably have a small bet on Murray scoring because you can't buck the laws of football concerning former players. I'll also have a much LARGER bet on Ashley Barnes scoring to soften the blow of having a small bet on Murray.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was planning on putting a couple of quid on Palace tonight, yes. I've NEVER won a football bet BTW :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fixtures

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spent a couple of hours yesterday making use of the free / matched bet opening offers around at the moment with the following results. Meant opening five new accounts but...

We win - I break even
We draw - I make £130
We lose - I make £600ish.

Takes a bit of faffing (and laying the free bets on Betfair later on) but it can be done.

Nice.
Do you do courses?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
betting on palace to win tonight would be worse than dissolving your neighbour in a dustbin of acid i reckon........slapworthy at least.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I am using my Reverse Psychology practice for this evening, by placing a £5 on the draw, and a £5 on the Palace win.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Normally, I wouldn't. But tonight, for various reasons, is an extreme case where I might consider it.

I'll be absolutely gutted if we lose this. Palace are 9-2 or higher, and they certainly are a better bet than that, with form maybe out the window. If I lose a tenner and we win, I won't give a sh*t and I'd happily lose it. But that's some financial consolation for a terrible night. I'll think about it today.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes. I bet on us to get relegated once, would have won a few hundred quid, which would have softened the blow nicely. We escaped on the last day. It was odd, as much as I was happy, I felt strangely cheated. Don't think I'll do it again for that reason.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
How could anyone ever bet on Palace to win!!

You have to think of it as buying the win. If somebody could guarantee you victory in this game for, say, £20, you'd rip their arm off for it.

I've never bet against us before either, but I'm seriously considering it for this one - buy the win or take some small consolation from the fact that, should the worst happen, Palace will have won Brighton fans money.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
betting on palace to win tonight would be worse than dissolving your neighbour in a dustbin of acid i reckon........slapworthy at least.

Not if you don't like your neighbour. Let me tell you, I'd happily put mine and his Leilandi trees in a dustbin of acid. But that's another story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here