Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccerball World Cup 2010 on Tellybox

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nope. First England game is Saturday night, June 12th. I fear you'll be at the reception.

Bound to be a telly there.....! ............i can see it now 100 men crowded around a TV and 100 women gossiping by the dancefloor :smile:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bound to be a telly there.....! ............i can see it now 100 men crowded around a TV and 100 women gossiping by the dancefloor :smile:

That'll go down well with the bride, basically having a 2 hour gap in the reception for the football :lolol:
Oh well. Shouldn't have arranged a wedding during a World Cup. They knew the risks.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
That'll go down well with the bride, basically having a 2 hour gap in the reception for the football :lolol:
Oh well. Shouldn't have arranged a wedding during a World Cup. They knew the risks.

abso-bloody-lutely.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I must admit this IS disappointing but at least the IMPORTANT game, i.e. the quarter final, will be on the Beeb and anything beyond there will be on both.

I don't understand why ITV insist on getting involved however when statistics show that NOBODY watches their coverage.

For the last dualcast World Cup final the BBC trounced ITV by FIVE to ONE. Surely they'd be better off trying to cater for those losers who don't want to watch the football (because they do exist).

Apart from anything else if you have a choice of coverage with repeated interruptions and commercial messages over UNINTERRUPTED coverage with no agenda it really is a no brainer. The fact that the BBC commentators, pundits and presenters are all better than ITV's lot just rubs it in.

Seriously, WHY do ITV bother?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I must admit this IS disappointing but at least the IMPORTANT game, i.e. the quarter final, will be on the Beeb and anything beyond there will be on both.

I don't understand why ITV insist on getting involved however when statistics show that NOBODY watches their coverage.

For the last dualcast World Cup final the BBC trounced ITV by FIVE to ONE. Surely they'd be better off trying to cater for those losers who don't want to watch the football (because they do exist).

Apart from anything else if you have a choice of coverage with repeated interruptions and commercial messages over UNINTERRUPTED coverage with no agenda it really is a no brainer. The fact that the BBC commentators, pundits and presenters are all better than ITV's lot just rubs it in.

Seriously, WHY do ITV bother?

True, but then if they have exclusive coverage like they do for the first 2 games, they're going to get the audience.

Agree with you on dualcast though - ITV may as well just not bother. Remember the old days when the Cup Final was always on both? I don't know anyone that watched it on ITV.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I didn't realise our last group game was a 3pm kick off on a weekday, have now booked the afternoon off. If we win our group then every game we play is an evening kick off as well

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
No I do see the point in ITV making a fuss over getting exclusive rights to the games they can BUT when they are sharing games with a channel that everyone prefers to their own why don't they just concede defeat?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't realise our last group game was a 3pm kick off on a weekday, have now booked the afternoon off. If we win our group then every game we play is an evening kick off as well

In terms of scheduling, whether we win the group or come 2nd, ALL of our remaining games will either be in the evening or at weekends.

It is only that 3rd group game on June 23rd that has a midweek afternoon kickoff.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In terms of scheduling, whether we win the group or come 2nd, ALL of our remaining games will either be in the evening or at weekends.

It is only that 3rd group game on June 23rd that has a midweek afternoon kickoff.

Didn't realise that, luckily I'll be in Port Elizabeth for the game!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

You're right, my mistake.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not all bad as ITV HD should be widely available SKY and Virgin. Of course this modern digital stuff doesn't work so well with the old sound off radio commentary trick, but you can't have it all.

Not all bad as ITV HD should be widely available SKY and Virgin. Of course this modern digital stuff doesn't work so well with the old sound off radio commentary trick, but you can't have it all.

but its the BEST way of watching a penalty shoot out......................... when the radio commentary is a good 10-15 seconds ahead of the TV picture:lol:

on the radio..... Waddle/Beckam/pearce runs up, hits it............ and its saved/balloned over the bar/ ..........England crash out of the World Cup to Germany on penalties!:eek::facepalm::rant:

On the TV - Now Waddle/NBecakham/Pearce comes forward to take the fourth kick.. this HAS to go in if England are to continue

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Wife's cousin got married during the world cup in Japan. The wedding coincided exactly with most of the game against Denmark. I wanted to take my 'discreet' radio in with an earpiece but the missus made it clear that was a no-no. Didn't really matter though after a loud whisper from behind us of 'get in! Owen's just made it 2-0'. Then a bit later the same voice whispers loudly 'f***ing hell, Heskey's just made it 3 and it's not even half time yet!' which even the vicar heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here