Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer Saturday

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Micah Richards is superb and Clinton Morrison is good also. He suffers from being paired with the brown-tongued Jim White, who cannot stand anyone interfering with his sychophantic drivel.

If we are going to have a lady on Soccer Saturday, please let it be Alex Scott, rather than Sue Smith, who tries WAY too hard

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The funny thing is it is the usual agitators making stuff up without any reason. Same as the pathetic proms stuff - literally no one is complaining or discussing it yet the angry mob are out there making shit up.

Like I said - not arsed they’ve been on the same program for to long and no relevance to the modern game. They will be contractors and not been renewed for this season. I’ll have no complaints if they are replaced with younger presenters whatever colour.

But why is it deemed ‘usual agitators’ when it’s merely making an observation that’s frankly, quite probably true? As said, it’s alright to talk about race without being racist...in other countries, but not UK. We really are wet. That’s about the only thing I agree with Boris on!

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Micah Richards is superb and Clinton Morrison is good also. He suffers from being paired with the brown-tongued Jim White, who cannot stand anyone interfering with his sychophantic drivel.

If we are going to have a lady on Soccer Saturday, please let it be Alex Scott, rather than Sue Smith, who tries WAY too hard

Michah Richards is by far one of the best out there and too good for that show.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
They weren't removed because they are 'white men'. They are men who have been removed – their ethnicity doesn't come into the decision. Apart from the fact that they are ALL white men, so even if you removed just one of them, it would still be 'removing one white man'...

The panel evolves – these dudes weren't ALL in the original line-up. I'm not sure what people aren't understanding about that.

Yet another example of people on social media who often throw around the term 'snowflake' getting a little bit snowflakey :lolol:

You say that the panel evolves, however my point here is that this isn't an example of 'natural' evolution, ergo people leaving their jobs either of their own accord or due to under-performance or misdemeanour. Had that been the case, I'd take no issue with this whatsoever.

It's the fact that they appear to have been simultaneously removed through no fault of their own (that I am aware of, do correct me if I am wrong) in order to facilitate an overnight balancing of racial and gender mix. That balancing act I have no problem with whatsoever, in fact I fully agree it's well overdue, I just think that rushing it through at the expense of people who have done no wrong sends out the wrong message. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
They weren't removed because they are 'white men'. They are men who have been removed – their ethnicity doesn't come into the decision. Apart from the fact that they are ALL white men, so even if you removed just one of them, it would still be 'removing one white man'...

The panel evolves – these dudes weren't ALL in the original line-up. I'm not sure what people aren't understanding about that.

Yet another example of people on social media who often throw around the term 'snowflake' getting a little bit snowflakey :lolol:

It’s not being snowflakey.

Who do you think is going to replace them? Chances are it will be at least two women footballers no one has ever heard of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So we have people in this thread talking about cancelling their sky contracts. There have been previous threads about people cancelling their sky contracts, first because of no football, then not re-upping when football came back because it just wasn't the same.

We have companies up and down the country going bust or laying off staff, because of the impact of Covid on their finances.

Sky sports gets rid of some of their top (and almost certainly top paid) names before the season starts rather than toward the end of the season when the contracts naturally expire.

And rather than take the easy route of it being about saving money, people assume race? Probably the same people who complain about "social justice warriors being desperate to be offended".

(I know, my first comment in the thread was about Alex Scott, that was due to her almost over-exposure last year, with Goals on Sunday, super sunday, celebrity dancing, she was seemingly everywhere. I believe a lot of the comments about her relate to that, though I'm sure there is also some misogyny in there, and some racism, too.)

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
If this is a parody account, it is possibly the best on here.

I think Ian Wright should take over from Jeff Stelling, the panel should be Alex Scott, Sue Smith and Micah Richards with Mark Bright, John Salako and Matt Murray as the roving reporters and that they should 'take the knee' before every show and that 'black lives matter' branding should be more prominent than the football scores.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It was THE stereotypical "boys club" kind of show. It stood out massively, it's been a huge success down the years but it was stale and matey. Charlie Nicholas is a dreadful pundit and it's about time he found himself out of work. Le Tissier and Thompson were far better but also fairly dull and uninspiring.

Scott Minto is a surprise, he's a very good presenter. I don't see why he's been cast off but I think it's good they've realised the need for more front of house diversity.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
It was THE stereotypical "boys club" kind of show. It stood out massively, it's been a huge success down the years but it was stale and matey. Charlie Nicholas is a dreadful pundit and it's about time he found himself out of work. Le Tissier and Thompson were far better but also fairly dull and uninspiring.

Scott Minto is a surprise, he's a very good presenter. I don't see why he's been cast off but I think it's good they've realised the need for more front of house diversity.

Amazing how Kammy survives isn't it........cant think why that is. I can't to hear Alex Scott and Sue Smith next season, after all they played football to a really high standard they really know what it's like to play men's professional football.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Amazing how Kammy survives isn't it........cant think why that is. I can't to hear Alex Scott and Sue Smith next season, after all they played football to a really high standard they really know what it's like to play men's professional football.

Yes, your thoughts are well known on this topic, thanks for continuing to make your point again and again.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
Yes, your thoughts are well known on this topic, thanks for continuing to make your point again and again.

North Stand CHAT offers you a clue. I've every right to express my views on here. Sorry if I don't say the 'right' things.

I believe the last night of the proms should feature rap and drill music, led by Stormzy and that people of colour should receive discounted entry and that every performer should 'take the knee' in honour of the poor guy disgracefully and racially killed by the American police. The coverage should be fronted by Winston Silcott.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Scott Minto latest white male to be sacked by Sky Sports today.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Whilst it's good to refresh and mix things up a bit, these guys were characters as well as the top players of their day. Sorry but Clinton Morrison does not cut the mustard on any level...

He scored more goals in his career than Merson and made more international appearances. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here