Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer Saturday

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Whenever I've heard Le Tissier on tv or radio I've always thought he came across well. Knowledgeable about the game.

The Merson's of this world who play the clown(on a par with Big Brother contestant gains popularity for saying the capital of England is New York) and give predictable tabloid-esque opinions such as 'Jack Wilshere/Grealish are world class!' aren't getting us anywhere.

The late Bill Hicks was certainly on to something.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Morrison's accent is unbearable. Why oh why isn't Chris Kamara there, he's flipping funny. Specially when he didn't realise that Pompey player was sent off!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When I cancelled last week the call centre guy asked why, when I told him he pretty much said this seems to be theme of cancellations over the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You cancelled last week. The bloke you replied to is thinking of cancelling because of today's news. Is there something you and the person taking your call knew? I mean, I know you're a f**kwit but if you're also Mystic Meg then I'd get on next Saturday's Lotto numbers rather than chewing the fat with someone in Bangalore about an old reactionary getting the tin tack.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You cancelled last week. The bloke you replied to is thinking of cancelling because of today's news. Is there something you and the person taking your call knew? I mean, I know you're a f**kwit but if you're also Mystic Meg then I'd get on next Saturday's Lotto numbers rather than chewing the fat with someone in Bangalore about an old racist getting the tin tack.

Charmed I’m sure.
I cancelled my subscription last week,the call centre was I believe in Wales judging by the accent, the reasons I gave were nothing to do with these sackings (obviously) my reasons were the whole, taking the knee,anti semitism debacle, the call handler indicated that this was the reason for a lot of recent cancellations.
Why would you automatically assume all call centres are located on the sub continent? Who is the old racist you refer to? Do tell...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Nice bit of last minute editing by the way bore boy, switching racist with reactionary, may just have saved NSC a few nicker [emoji1303]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Charmed I’m sure.
I cancelled my subscription last week,the call centre was I believe in Wales judging by the accent, the reasons I gave were nothing to do with these sackings (obviously) my reasons were the whole, taking the knee,anti semitism debacle, the call handler indicated that this was the reason for a lot of recent cancellations.
Why would you automatically assume all call centres are located on the sub continent? Who is the old racist you refer to? Do tell...

You blame SKY for BLM?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Phil Thompson loved the sound of his own voice too much. If Stelling was talking to 'Merse' you could bet your life he'd be shouting and screaming and when the camera cuts to him you'd find out the ball had gone out for a throw. Le Tissier has come across as a right bell cheese during Covid and Charlie did the classical 'The Number 6 made a mistake there' as researching names was something that he clearly couldn't be arsed with.

I won't miss any of them. That said, I bet whoever comes in will make me want to throw the telly against the wall.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
People moaning about diversity and they haven't even announced the replacements yet!

Who knows why Sky made the decision. Maybe it's due to costs. Maybe it's due to the current generation of viewer not having a clue who Le Tiss, Nicholas and Thompson are. Maybe it is for diversity.

Either way, I don't think it's a bad decision.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going to stick my neck out here, but I quite like Morrison, he's grown on me a lot with much of his radio punditry. He's got a jovial way about him but is quite insightful times, and offers something a bit different. I can see why he is gaining more and more media work.

edit: I don't listen to Talksport so haven't heard him on there! :lolol:

I'm going to add my neck to your chopping block. I HAVE heard him on TalkSPORT, and I like him. He always gives an honest opinion and articulates it well IMO. Maybe I'm just thick though.

Jim White though - just an EPIC brown-tongue. Basically orally sucks off whoever it is he is conversing with, whether its utter bollocks or not. NEVER challenges an opinion, just agrees with it. "You're soo, soooooo spot on there Simon, and I LIKE it...come here a minute....Mmmnnnnhhhhmmmnnn"

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
3 Middle aged white men lose jobs at Sky is not exactly a surprise.
Think we know what is coming in replacement.
Hope Martin Tyler is next out of the door.
Sounds bored when commentating.....adds nothing to the game after "And it's Live"...
Does anyone know where any decent football coverage can be heard or seen this season other than Radio Sussex.
Going to need it with the current policy of not showing all the games.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Nice bit of last minute editing by the way bore boy, switching racist with reactionary, may just have saved NSC a few nicker [emoji1303]

Anyone's free to edit within the time limit. It's my opinion though so I doubt I've saved anyone a penny, not that a tube driver would know anything about libel.

And talking of libel remind us who had their Starmer meme taken down (I mean the actual libellous one and not the one your 10 year old cousin made for you on photoshop that you shared with the hard of reading)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I thought they made to much of the issue,promoting an anti Semitic movement constantly.
Come on ,do tell who was the racist you were referring to?

The only post on here that refers to a racist is yours. I'd edit that quote while you've still got time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here