Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer Night

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have just watched Soccer Night and the interview with MM. Am i being cynical or did I detect his apathy towards this season and staying up. Virtually everything that he said centred on two or three years time and planning for the future as regards the team.

I would rather him have been a bit more positive about possible signings this season to help us stay in this division or perhaps we are not going to make any more.

BensGrandad said:
Am i being cynical
A ray of sunshine in our lives like you? Gerraway.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Woodchip said:
I had to go an watch it downstairs as well. Flaming Newhaven is good for nothing. (Oh, and thanks to Ned for the lift home on Tuesday, apologies if I was slightly drunk)
And so you should apologise.........being ONLY SLIGHTLY drunk is disgraceful............do it properly next time.:angry: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BensGrandad said:
Have just watched Soccer Night and the interview with MM. Am i being cynical or did I detect his apathy towards this season and staying up. Virtually everything that he said centred on two or three years time and planning for the future as regards the team.

I would rather him have been a bit more positive about possible signings this season to help us stay in this division or perhaps we are not going to make any more.

Yes you're being cynical,this is exactly the same nonsense you trot out all the time...why would he not care about staying up? It is pretty important for his CV INNIT

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
fake slim said:
Yes you're being cynical,this is exactly the same nonsense you trot out all the time...why would he not care about staying up? It is pretty important for his CV INNIT

The impression he gave was that he would be here at the opening of Falmer come what may, so his CV is immaterial, he's not going to be after another job to need a CV.

My impression was that he thinks that we will get relegated this year and then promoted again prior to moving into Falmer. This is an opinion that has been put forward by many on here as just beinga matter of course.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BensGrandad said:
The impression he gave was that he would be here at the opening of Falmer come what may, so his CV is immaterial, he's not going to be after another job to need a CV.

My impression was that he thinks that we will get relegated this year and then promoted again prior to moving into Falmer. This is an opinion that has been put forward by many on here as just beinga matter of course.

Well,i know that people being pesimistic on here has no bearing on the manager or whether we actually will go down or not.

You think a manager cares not about his CV? Ok,what about his pride?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pride doesn't come into it as it is expected by many as inevitable so he would only be meeting expectations.

I would prefer a more upbeat approach WE ARE HOPING TO SIGN X no of players to assist us to stay up. Not the usual we know we need x no of players but the finances do not allow us to bring in the players that we would like. That is not the fault of the 5000 hard core supporters who have in most cases given as much as they can.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:

Your impression is highly coloured by what you want to see.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BensGrandad said:
Pride doesn't come into it as it is expected by many as inevitable so he would only be meeting expectations.

I would prefer a more upbeat approach WE ARE HOPING TO SIGN X no of players to assist us to stay up. Not the usual we know we need x no of players but the finances do not allow us to bring in the players that we would like. That is not the fault of the 5000 hard core supporters who have in most cases given as much as they can.

He always says that he is hoping to sign one or two strikers but doesn't want to get EVERYONE'S hopes up to then crush em if we can't get anyone usefull....i should imagine.

Alright fine well do you think he wants to be manager of this club forever?

If he keeps us up for the next two seasons he may well be offered a job at a struggling club in the premiership. if he then keeps them up he might get offered a job higher up the premiership...would that not make sense for his career?

I don't see him as our manager for the next 15 years

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that his immediate aim is to be the manager when we open Falmer with a team either in or challenging to be in the CCC. I would prefer a team that is established in the CCC and looking to move on the next step.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Woodchip said:
I had to go an watch it downstairs as well. Flaming Newhaven is good for nothing. (Oh, and thanks to Ned for the lift home on Tuesday, apologies if I was slightly drunk)

Some of us have Sky in every room. :blush:

BensGrandad said:
I would prefer a team that is established in the CCC and looking to move on the next step.

Let's have a poll. I'll vote for the "relegation - yes, please" option while a hero like you can vote for the above.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have a sneaking feeling that MM would like us to stay up this season... I know that may shock some on here, but that is what I think... :)

BensGrandad said:
I do not believe for one minute that MM WANTS us to be relegated but then again I believe that he accepts it as a 'fait au complet'

I would pay money to watch you say that to his face, at a Fan's Forum, for instance. He is a passionate man and I think you would find that out with a vintage bit of hairdryer treatment :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here