Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer AM

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Back tomorrow.

Is Goldstein not doing it anymore ? listings says its someone called Max Rushden ?

Good to be back

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
:clap: Glad it's back. Hopefully this new mucker can follow in Lovejoys steps.

samwaudby

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah it's that Max whatever his name is. Goldstein was never any good, but there is no way this guy can be any better IMO. Should have been Ralf Little.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Perosnally I think it lost it's appeal a year before Lovejoy left. I would like to see an extended Soccer (but call it football.... we are not american!!) Saturday but covering all 4 divisions and Scotish Prem.

Show all mid-week goals and cover team and ticket news. Have some pundits who actually know about the lower divisions, keep the celebs, challenges and interviews but make it a serious footie programme rather than a joke.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Goldstein was dreadful, and is now busily stinking up the airwaves on TalkSport.
They need Danny Baker on that show. Urgently.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
If you like Lovejoy watch this Channel Bee It's his new site and today its his turn to dance!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what a miserable bunch.

It's football covering all divisions. It's light hearted fun. What's not to like

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
More Skills, More crossbar challenge, basically more entertaining stuff involving proper footballers. Less of the other same joke every week toss and it would be better :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the decline stems from when lovejoys left - but it is more to do with the fact that he took virtually all of the good backup guys with him

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Oh I forgot about Soccer AM.

I love watching it in the mornings before football.

samwaudby

Feb 24, 2008
Tbh I don't think it was so much that Goldstein was poor, I'd say it was more about how good Lovejoy was at it. So I take back what I said in my previous post.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why was he dreadful?

He just tries too hard. Someone like Danny Baker has a natural wit and irreverence, but Goldstein just leaves me cold. I was driving up to Stoke last week and had Goldstein on the radio in the afternoon, and it was painful listening. He was making up tabloid headlines or something, and it was about as funny as a root canal.

I've just had a GREAT idea. Hawksbee & Jacobs should do Soccer AM. Now THAT would be pure Saturday morning GOLD.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally like the show but was very happy when Lovejoy left, he started to get very annoying. Shame Ralf Little didn't get the gig think he would have been really good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here