Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Soccer Aid 2024

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have no problem with saying I really enjoyed that. The old pros still have it, some of the celebs are a decent level and it's all for a good cause. Twenty quid donated to UNICEF for the entertainment.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
England finally beat the hoodoo of the Rest of the World at an emotional and highly charged Stamford Bridge last night.

Over £15million was raised on a thoroughly entertaining evening as Frank Lampard's charges claimed the first piece of silverware in what could be a historic summer the nation has been craving.

England took an early lead they so desperately wanted as a free-kick from the right found its way to the former midfielder, who took a touch to control before firing through Petr Cech’s legs, cueing delirium amongst the vast majority of the audience at the Bridge. Another Chelsea icon then took centre stage again - and it was only going to be one man. After Danny Dyer had scythed down Usain Bolt, Hazard claimed a free-kick just outside of the area.

He took aim and curled the ball outrageously into the top corner to signal his emotional return to Stamford Bridge with a goal. Things then got even better as ex-Juventus and Italy star Alessandro Del Piero thundered home a Bolt cross. The pockets of Rest of the World fans were soon up and taunting the home faithful, cruelly reminding them how one sided this game has been in recent years.

England weren't to be disheartened however and swiftly responded as Ellen White wrote her name into Soccer Aid Folklore, a superb run and incisive finish after Jack Wilshere's trickery had laid the ball across the box and she despatched with aplomb to become thew first female goal scorer in history. Surely the first of many as she continued to run the RoW defence ragged.

A quickfire Steve Bartlett brace put England firmly in control of the game and with one hand on the prestigious Soccer Aid trophy before RoW again made their comeback as Hazard was brutally scythed down by Birds of a Feather star Pauline Quirke.

Hazard wanted to claim the spot-kick but due to Soccer Aid rules, he wasn't allowed. YouTuber Billy Wingrove stepped up and with nerves of steel gave his side some hope.

Theo Walcott then put the icing on the cake for England. Only recently retired, he was played through by Karen Carney and lifted the ball over Bellew to finally, finally end England's long wait for another Soccer Aid trophy and scenes of pandemonium in the arena. A memorable night ending in a 6-3 win for the hosts.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hazard was brutally scythed down by Birds of a Feather star Pauline Quirke.
She’s always been a dirty player has Quirke, would have fitted right into that Leeds team of the 1970s

(I didn’t watch it so have no idea how accurate Crodo’s post is)

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
England finally beat the hoodoo of the Rest of the World at an emotional and highly charged Stamford Bridge last night.

Over £15million was raised on a thoroughly entertaining evening as Frank Lampard's charges claimed the first piece of silverware in what could be a historic summer the nation has been craving.

England took an early lead they so desperately wanted as a free-kick from the right found its way to the former midfielder, who took a touch to control before firing through Petr Cech’s legs, cueing delirium amongst the vast majority of the audience at the Bridge. Another Chelsea icon then took centre stage again - and it was only going to be one man. After Danny Dyer had scythed down Usain Bolt, Hazard claimed a free-kick just outside of the area.

He took aim and curled the ball outrageously into the top corner to signal his emotional return to Stamford Bridge with a goal. Things then got even better as ex-Juventus and Italy star Alessandro Del Piero thundered home a Bolt cross. The pockets of Rest of the World fans were soon up and taunting the home faithful, cruelly reminding them how one sided this game has been in recent years.

A quickfire Steve Bartlett brace put England firmly in control of the game and with one hand on the prestigious Soccer Aid trophy before RoW again made their comeback as Hazard was brutally scythed down by Birds of a Feather star Pauline Quirke.

Hazard wanted to claim the spot-kick but due to Soccer Aid rules, he wasn't allowed. YouTuber Billy Wingrove stepped up and with nerves of steel gave his side some hope.

Theo Walcott then put the icing on the cake for England. Only recently retired, he was played through by Karen Carney and lifted the ball over Bellew to finally, finally end England's long wait for another Soccer Aid trophy and scenes of pandemonium in the arena.
Excuse me... the only thing I know about the game is that Ellen White scored and became the first female to do so. But it's not even mentioned? No mention of the final score either.

How long have you worked for the BBC?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I have no problem with saying I really enjoyed that. The old pros still have it, some of the celebs are a decent level and it's all for a good cause. Twenty quid donated to UNICEF for the entertainment.
Yep same here. The kids loved seeing their football You Tubers taking part too and I enjoyed telling them all about the old pro's taking part though to be fair, they already knew quite a lot about most of them - thanks to You Tube again!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
32055160-26ff-11ef-8b66-b50a998e8ebf.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep same here. The kids loved seeing their football You Tubers taking part too and I enjoyed telling them all about the old pro's taking part though to be fair, they already knew quite a lot about most of them - thanks to You Tube again!
Same. Bobkin Jnr was reeling off names of people I wouldn't recognise in a million years!

I know I shouldn't, but I had a look on Twitter after the game and some people were complaining about the calibre of 'celeb'. That and Alex Scott's dress seemed to be the main talking points. For a cocking CHARITY match, FFS?!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

England weren't to be disheartened however and swiftly responded as Ellen White wrote her name into Soccer Aid Folklore, a superb run and incisive finish after Jack Wilshere's trickery had laid the ball across the box and she despatched with aplomb to become thew first female goal scorer in history. Surely the first of many as she continued to run the RoW defence ragged.

Theo Walcott then put the icing on the cake for England. Only recently retired, he was played through by Karen Carney and lifted the ball over Bellew to finally, finally end England's long wait for another Soccer Aid trophy and scenes of pandemonium in the arena.

Arena?! I think you meant bowl?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here