Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so yet again those in the know have got it wrong!!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I must be Sherlock Holmes as I have noticed your use of German words in this and other posts and concluded we are about to sign Hitzlsperger

And Raul played in Germany last year, so his German may be pretty good... :shootself

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
There was a lot of talk about bring in Josh McEachran last week. Seems to have come to nothing.

Obviously we need at least one striker. A, E and B..?

Who is the 'swerve ball' ?

And another central defender. Will we get Miquel ?

Still a lot to sort out. At present we have 24 senior player [ Including 3 goalkeepers, and only 22 without Sparrow and Vincelot ] - Gus has stated he wants 24 - 25.

A lot of changes still to come I reckon.

Beginning to think swerve ball may be another CM. Surprised Sparrow and Vincelot off, and really can't see how Harley or Dicker have quality to take team forward.

As for transfers, there are clearly rows of dominos waiting to fall all over the place. Patience required, even though frustrating.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Signing a player is not as simple as it sounds. There are many points at which negotiations could stall.

Exactly this. I occasionally hear things but try not to post them on here because invariably transfers break down. The source that has told you and the person that posts on here may well be telling the truth but that is a long way off from it actually happening. Talks can break down for a number of reasons, especially at this stage of the season when there is still half a month until the transfer window closes. Players, lead by agents, hold out for the best deal, especially those that are most in demand.

So what would we rather have? No rumours, or rumours that may be right or may be wrong? Personally I'd rather hear the rumour and make an informed decision myself as to whether it is rubbish or not.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Still over two weeks to go until deadline day. Plenty of signings happen with two hours to go on deadline day. Fully expecting us to have 7 points on the board by then, and for a striker to be in place. Everybody calm down.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As one poster said yesterday after having been on an Amex tour-there are not many people ITK at the Albion any more. Unlike the old days where transfer news was often leaked by numerous people who now know as much or as little as the rest of us. If enough people throw enough names about, one of them will be 'right'. Let's face it, those who really know (Gus and his team, TB, etc.) aren't going to leak news that could screw up a transfer.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Still over two weeks to go until deadline day. Plenty of signings happen with two hours to go on deadline day. Fully expecting us to have 7 points on the board by then, and for a striker to be in place. Everybody calm down.

I thought we did not need a striker

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Personally I'd rather hear the rumour and make an informed decision myself as to whether it is rubbish or not.

I agree with you there. What is irritating, though, is the complete conviction with which some people state that their rumour is fact. Anyone who knows what they're talking about will, as you say, couch it in caveats and cautions. For those who say things are nailed on it's usually a case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing, I think.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here