Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So will we find out tomorrow who RS keeps?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Is imagine wednesday at the EARLIEST!

Dont forget he only found out he would be doing the job the day before he went away and he will need atleast one day to sort it all out!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you guys STALKING Russell Slade or something?

I mean, no offence, but there's, what, two and a half MONTHS till the start of next season, the bloke has gone on a well earned break, and you're worried that you might have to wait ONE DAY to find out who gets released.

Think you need to relax a bit more :lolol:

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Give it a couple of weeks, Russell will release the donkeys and make some inspired signings! top 6 he reckons, suppose he has to say that though!

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

I mean, no offence, but there's, what, two and a half MONTHS till the start of next season, the bloke has gone on a well earned break, and you're worried that you might have to wait ONE DAY to find out who gets released.

:cry:

lesorners

Jul 26, 2004

I do agree with you in spirit and 'one day' is ridiculous BUT in the next week or two how many contrcts are up? how many people do we need to not be 'slack on' when trying to sign? chasing up people we had on loan we wanna sign etc etc etc the next couple of weeks are sadly quite crucial!

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
The Argus seems to think it'll be announced today.

-----------

Albion boss Russell Slade today reveals his retained list for the new season admitting: “I’ve had some tough decisions to make.”

Slade will tell his 16 out-of-contract players whether they are being offered new deals.

His agenda for the day also includes chats with loan players including Lloyd Owusu, the striker being chased by Adelaide United in Australia.

The out-of-contract list includes player-of-the-year Andrew Whing plus Great Escape regulars Gary Hart, Tommy Fraser and Doug Loft.

Slade, who joined the Seagulls in March, revealed decisions had been made in consultation with other top figures at the club.

He is, as yet, unwilling to discuss individual cases but is keen to clear the decks ahead of what is planned to be a play-off push next season Slade said: “There are quite a number of players waiting to talk with me.

“When you’ve only been at the football club for a short time it’s always difficult.

“There are other members of staff and the chairman has been there a lot longer than me.”

Among those who could be released is Chris Birchall, who has set his sights on a long-term future with MSL outfit LA Galaxy.

Birchall is training with David Beckham’s club and hopes to sign a four-year deal this summer.

He said: “Hopefully it will go through in July.

“There are players who tend to go over there towards the end of their careers.

“I’ve got the opportunity to go over when I’m only 25 and try and enjoy my football for the next ten years.”

Birchall’s only start under Slade came wide on the right in the 2-1 win at Hereford United.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Is that good?

It will take time for a new squad to gel together and if we dont get off to a good start then it will be a hard task to get back up to the play-offs!

Keep the majority of the squad now and only get rid of the players that we dont need (Mayo, Hawkins, Birchall, etc...)

All we need to do is tweak the squad and bring in back-up in certain positions.

WE DONT NEED A HUGE CLEAR OUT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here