Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So whose finished Potter?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I remember a couple of years ago when Dwayne revealed who died in the 5th book on the same day is came out.

The hysterical reaction of the readers of this kids book towards Dwayne and his spoiler was embarrassingly cringe-worthy. Classic NSC. :)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I havent seen him moan on here for ages, who finished him off?

Sorry, i've been hunting for Horcruxes. Or something.....

As for the book - 8 out of 10 i think.

The 'beginning' lasts about 300 pages...it then gets good once they get to the bank...and it's brilliant at Hogwarts. However, the ending is a pile of poop.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sorry, i've been hunting for Horcruxes. Or something.....

As for the book - 8 out of 10 i think.

The 'beginning' lasts about 300 pages...it then gets good once they get to the bank...and it's brilliant at Hogwarts. However, the ending is a pile of poop.

Least it only took 300 pages this time unlike the last one.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i agree re the kings cross bit, was a bit silly but the only way to explain it all i guess.

Ok it might not be technically amazing but the attention to detail to hold the story together over that many pages in an entirely imaginary world is genius.

I've just reread book 6 after finishing 7 and found loads of clues - the barman at the hogshead being at dumbledores funeral, the prophecy occuring in the hogshead etc, snape insisting he was not a coward.

Im going to reread all the others now that I know the story so I can pick out the clues to the ending.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it was OBVIOUS that snape was a good guy the whole time

the ending was wank - quite how that is supposed to stop any more spin-offs or writings im not sure

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it was excellent. It makes me laugh how so many people can dis this. The fact that so many children have read the books shows that the woman is a genius.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Tried reading a few paragraphs of Potter. Complete and utter tosh but a lot of people seem to like him so who am I to judge.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I really got stuck in today and read 300+ pages to polish it off - great I thought.

Much more action packed than the previous recent efforts, and minus the formula which had become dull (i.e. nothing happening for 3/4 of book 6)

19 years later was unnecessarily corny... but hey it's for kids. Bear in mind the fuss about someone dying in book 4 - this was a total bloodbath! Surprising quite how many people she chose to kill in my opinion.

Still, Harry is no kind of hero, things just seem to happen to him rather than an specific talent or skill.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I finished it last night - I really enjoyed it, although the epilogue wasn't much cop, especially the children's names!!

Well play JKR - now get on and write a script for Dr Who.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is what annoys me as well is that after being fairly prominent characters in books 3, 4, 5 & 6 (and in the case of Tonks 5 & 6) her, Lupin and Mad Eye dont even get a "proper" death.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
paint +dry

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Still, Harry is no kind of hero, things just seem to happen to him rather than an specific talent or skill.

snape is the real hero

i reckon she MUGGED off star wars big time in that - evil guy who turns out to be good all along, thanks to his love for a women, sounds like darth vader to me!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
i reckon she MUGGED off star wars big time in that - evil guy who turns out to be good all along, thanks to his love for a women, sounds like darth vader to me!

Not so sure - in Potter we've assumed Snape to be bad, only to find he has been doing good all along.

Vader is just evil the whole way until he attempts to repent right at the end.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
paint +dry

well dont read it then

then you wont have to watch paint dry will you...and save you lots and lots of time for the rest of your very full life

bye bye then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here