Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's off work today?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I work in Crawley, it would have been difficult and probably inadvisable to go there, tried, no trains till 10am. .

ditto.
A23 was blocked too, so I am WFH today. have to go to Hounslow tomorrow or Friday so hopefully it will be doable!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Took me about 8 hours to get from the office by Liverpool St Station, back to Shoreham last night, so there was no way I was going to try to get up at 5 to get back up to town, regardless of the state of play this morning. Looks like I wouldn't have made it anyway. So, work at home today, I would guess also tomorrow, then I have Fri booked off.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I work in Crawley, it would have been difficult and probably inadvisable to go there, tried, no trains till 10am. Unfortunately we have a Brighton office 5 minutes walk from my flat.

Crawley for me as well. Manged to drive my car half way up my road and got stuck. Working From Home (Fortunately I can do this).

Only 13 miles away - Ridiculous. Same problem for my colleagues based in Burgess Hill, Ardingly and East Grinstead. Trains buggered as well.

Feel sorry for those people that will lose annual leave today.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
me , it was sunny about 20 minutes ago but between having breakfast and a bath I am now looking out the window at a white sky and its snowing again.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm in had to walk rather than drive so took longer to get here but had a cuppa on the hoof, great fun!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Crawley for me as well. Manged to drive my car half way up my road and got stuck. Working From Home (Fortunately I can do this).

Only 13 miles away - Ridiculous. Same problem for my colleagues based in Burgess Hill, Ardingly and East Grinstead. Trains buggered as well.

Feel sorry for those people that will lose annual leave today.

You bloody waster, I made it from HH to Crawley .... took me hour and a half. All I've got to do now is try and get home .... :facepalm:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You bloody waster, I made it from HH to Crawley .... took me hour and a half. All I've got to do now is try and get home .... :facepalm:

I can't get out of my road DS!

I can do more at home in an hour and a half! Good luck getting home!:bigwave::bigwave:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Boss has the keys for the flat we're doing & is stuck out in the sticks so i'm off by proxy

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I've been working at home for the last two days, partly snow related/partly as I have a report to write and don't need the usual distractions that come my way in the office.
Anyway, have just received an email saying they are closing the office (in Leeds) at 10.30am due to deteriorating weather conditions there.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Gave up & turned back after nearly 2 hours trying to get to Tonbridge. I think it's more to do with peoples driving than the conditions. Going up the A24 there were people going about 15mph on the inside lane or 60 on the untreated outside lane (in their beemers mostly).
Another days pay lost and further from my Amex season ticket. :angry:

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Made the effort, cleared the car of snow, got a mile down the road only to be phoned by work to go back home again. A bit of snow in SS16 and the whole area grinds to a halt

........SS16 - I work in SS16, I live in BN1 i was at work at 8am this morning

admittedly i stayed over at a mates in Chemsford last night, and probably again to night if they don't sort out the M25

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here