Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so who's looking forward to the new hooligan film with errmm Elijiah Wood!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It is strange innit. In some ways it is socially unacceptable to watch a hoolie film but quitel alright to watch something like Godfather (glorified organised crime) or any horror film where there are deaths by the bucketload:rolleyes:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Marc said:
why is the bloke in the middle sucking the nipple of the big bloke? (maroon coloured top)

and is that a DALEK on the left? ???

It's a f***ing TANK! There are a couple of DUKWs in Portsmouth, plus some old Gulf War stuff, so maybe they are taking on the 6:57 - in which case the Burberry baseball cap is quite fitting.

What are they doing, a hoolie version of D-Day? "Come on you slaaaags - we wanna be in Berlin by Tuesday!"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
:D
Unbelievable, I wonder who was mugged to stump up the money for this as it's surely not going to appeal to either Brits or Yank audiences! Straight to Betamax.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cheeky Monkey said:
:D
Unbelievable, I wonder who was mugged to stump up the money for this as it's surely not going to appeal to either Brits or Yank audiences! Straight to Betamax.

The clue is in the first URL - go.com belongs to Disney. Who'd have thought it, eh?

chez said:
Get a life mate, its a film to have a laugh at not a f***ing snuff movie... Jesus Christ some people. I wondered which knobhead would be the first to slag off people who watch hoolie films. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re. my earlier comment, if the Burberry fits, wear it :wave:

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
If it's meant to be a realistic film about West Ham hooligans, I guess the central scene will be a bunch of Hammers 'top boys' arriving in Tottenham on a midweek lunchtime and knocking in a few pub windows, as a couple of sandwich-chomping OAPs vaguely look up in dinsinterest before turning back to their pints...

As the Academy lads skip gleefully away, preparing to boast of such exploits to their grandchildren...

:jester:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I went to an advance screening about 3 weeks ago and I can safely say it is the biggest pile of shit ever!!

Crap storyline, nothing happens!!

West Ham's top boy cockney accent is comical. It's more Cornish than Cockney!!

In the first fight scene the hobbit bloke goes from never have thrown a punch to f***ing rambo.

West Ham's firm consists of about 8 people all about 21 years old.

Their pre match ritual consists of standing on the pub tables, throwing beer over each other and singing bubbles (with the wrong words).

We left the cinema feeling embarrassed to have ever have gone to a game a football if that is how Hollywood perceives football in this country.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Anybody know if this film is based on the book 'Among The Thugs' ?

I vaguely remember that being about an American tourist/journalist being drawn into football aggro, but I think he ended up following Man Utd not West Ham.

Also is this film now called 'Hooligans' after having to change its original title 'The Yank' ?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Wookiee said:
Anybody know if this film is based on the book 'Among The Thugs' ?

I vaguely remember that being about an American tourist/journalist being drawn into football aggro, but I think he ended up following Man Utd not West Ham.

Also is this film now called 'Hooligans' after having to change its original title 'The Yank' ?

I think it's actually called Green Street in this country. Hooligans was it's name in the states.

And it's got nothing to do with Among the Thugs (and yes it was Manure in that book).

If you like Football Factory then you'll probably like this film. However IMO Football Factory was watchable, this pile of pooh on the other hand is laughable.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"C'mon then Gollum you slaaaag, you want some?"

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
dwayne said:
alley.jpg

DAYS that photo's going on my wall....

What??

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Scotty M said:
are they fighting on a beach in that photo above?

If you look in the top left corner you can see a pylon from the Millenium Dome - so i would say thats on the banks of the Thames.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Richie and Kev are looking forward to it........................

I think i'll give it a miss :rolleyes:

A Yank hooligan? ??? Can't see this being much cop.

Doubt the Americans will go for it either, they've got no concept of our football hooligans... Anyone seen Euro Trip? There's a scene featuring Vinnie Jones as the leader of the "Manchester United Football Team Sarrcer Hooligans", based in London of course, all fully kitted out in club colours and not a burberry cap in sight who sing their club's anthem - Sheena Easton's My baby takes the morning train. Er, right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here