Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so who will replace baldock in the 18 then.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But Sidwell has done the square route of cuff-all since he came back on loan. .

Yep. He doesn't have much love on here. Not sure where the stats leave us but there's not a lot to go on.

He's started 3 games. V Cardiff where he went off at half time. A tactical change but he wasn't responsible for the defensive errors that caused us to go 3-0 down.
V Hull where we drew 0-0 and some reports had him down as man of the match.
And Sheff Weds where we drew 0-0 but we should have put those chances away.

6 out of the other 7 appearances he's come on with less than 10 mins to go, or less than 5 mins to go and its made no difference to the score aside from Brentford where it went from 2-0 to 3-0.
And of course the 7th on Saturday where he nearly saved the day with this kick off the line and its hard to say he had anything to do with their goal or the corner leading up to it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep. He doesn't have much love on here. Not sure where the stats leave us but there's not a lot to go on.

He's started 3 games. V Cardiff where he went off at half time. A tactical change but he wasn't responsible for the defensive errors that caused us to go 3-0 down.
V Hull where we drew 0-0 and some reports had him down as man of the match.
And Sheff Weds where we drew 0-0 but we should have put those chances away.

6 out of the other 7 appearances he's come on with less than 10 mins to go, or less than 5 mins to go and its made no difference to the score aside from Brentford where it went from 2-0 to 3-0.
And of course the 7th on Saturday where he nearly saved the day with this kick off the line and its hard to say he had anything to do with their goal or the corner leading up to it.

I didn't go to Hull so couldn't comment on his performance up there. But his general play, from whenever I've seen him, has been very poor. He doesn't get stuck in, he doesn't use the ball particularly well, he's no longer the box-to-box player he was. And I can forgive that aspect at least, after all he's coming to the fag-end of his career now. But if he's actually offering us anything productive in that midfield, if he's really contributing anything, then I'm afraid I've yet to see it.

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016
I would love to see Towell get a look in. He has the ability to play just in behind the striker as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I didn't go to Hull so couldn't comment on his performance up there. But his general play, from whenever I've seen him, has been very poor. He doesn't get stuck in, he doesn't use the ball particularly well, he's no longer the box-to-box player he was. And I can forgive that aspect at least, after all he's coming to the fag-end of his career now. But if he's actually offering us anything productive in that midfield, if he's really contributing anything, then I'm afraid I've yet to see it.

Perhaps because aside from the full game at Sheff Weds he's rarely had a chance to show you or us. He's played so far 13, 12, 2, and 5 mins in his other 4 home games so its not a lot of play to judge him or dismiss him on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps because aside from the full game at Sheff Weds he's rarely had a chance to show you or us. He's played so far 13, 12, 2, and 5 mins in his other 4 home games so its not a lot of play to judge him or dismiss him on.

He had a full 90 minutes against Sheff Weds to stake a claim, and did nothing. He had the first half against Cardiff, and did nothing. He was never going to dislodge Stephens or Kayal obviously, but he's hardly made much of a case of being worthy of a place as backup, or when we're looking to close a game out. We cannot afford passengers in this team, and that's all he's been so far - a passenger. We had enough of those strolling around our midfield for most of last season, and look where that nearly got us.

I'd put Sidwell in a taxi back up to Stoke from Birmingham tonight, and get Crofts back from Gillingham in the morning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd put Sidwell in a taxi back up to Stoke from Birmingham tonight, and get Crofts back from Gillingham in the morning.

I cannot believe that anybody could seriously make such a statement. Crofts when he has come on has shown he is no longer up to the standard of this division. It remains to be seen if, given game time, Sidwell is in the same catergory only time will show it one way or the other. In his short appearances he has obviously done all that CH expects of him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I cannot believe that anybody could seriously make such a statement. Crofts when he has come on has shown he is no longer up to the standard of this division. It remains to be seen if, given game time, Sidwell is in the same catergory only time will show it one way or the other. In his short appearances he has obviously done all that CH expects of him.

So how much game time has Crofts had this season? Not sure he's had any more than Sidwell has he? Certainly offers more IMO, because he CARES. I have no idea if Sidwell does but I have seen nothing to make me think he does.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So how much game time has Crofts had this season? Not sure he's had any more than Sidwell has he? Certainly offers more IMO, because he CARES. I have no idea if Sidwell does but I have seen nothing to make me think he does.

Surely it was because of Crofts not being up to the mark that CH brought in Sidwell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here