Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who should slade keep?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Sullivan - release sadly, we need a new keeper and have Kuipers as back up
Whing - keep
Hinshelwood - release (Too small for CB)
Mayo - release
Pearson - release
Loft - not sure
Fraser - contract
Jarrett - relase
Birchall - release
Carole - release
Willis - release
Royce - release
Hart - keep
Robinson - relase
Louis - release
Gargan - keep

Dean White - release
Bob Booker - release (Get that Thompson guy in maybe)

Dicker - No brainer, make big effort to sign
Owusu - make some effort to sign but don't break the bank
Al Bangura - possibly
Borowdale - be nice but have McNulty and possibly Lynch so not needed

Personally I'd also try to off load El-Abd, Hawkins and Livermore too but all probably wouldn't be offered the same wages elsewhere!

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
sullivan - KEEP good young talent , 1 for the future
whing - keep
hinshelwood-release
mayo-release
pearson-keep
loft - keep
fraser-keep
jarrett-release
birchall-wont stay anyway
carole-release
wills-keep
royce-keep
hart-keep
robinson-keep
louis-release
gargan- keep

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
sullivan - KEEP good young talent , 1 for the future
whing - keep
hinshelwood-release
mayo-release
pearson-keep
loft - keep
fraser-keep
jarrett-release
birchall-wont stay anyway
carole-release
wills-keep
royce-keep
hart-keep
robinson-keep
louis-release
gargan- keep

agree with you mate :thumbsup: but i might keep hinsh he's better than kebab and hawkins:shrug:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I notice no-ones mentioned Lynch. Do we all think he's just going to stay at Forest then? Hasn't he still got another year on his contract?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Sullivan - Keep
Whing - Keep
Hinshelwood - Release
Mayo - Release
Loft - Keep
Fraser - Keep
Jarrett - Release
Birchall - Get rid
Carole - Release
Hart - Keep

Dicker - Sign
Owusu - Sign

For those saying get rid of White and Booker...We are in NO position to judge their skills in their respective postitions at the club. They are often made to be scapegoats for things which we as fans really know nothing about! I'm not saying the SHOULD be kept on 100%. All I'm saying is that we have no right to judge them, because we don't get to see them at work.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep white and booker are priority to ship out,but also the inconsistant players need to be shipped out like COX.:)

Get fed up with players being awsome one week and shite the next so consistancy is required.:)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Whing - KEEP
Mayo - RELEASE
Hinshelwood - KEEP (Classy defender! :thumbsup: )
Jarrett - RELEASE
Birchall - RELEASE
Sullivan - KEEP
Hart - KEEP
Loft - 5 year deal
Robinson - RELEASE :(
Fraser - RELEASE
Louis - KEEP
Carole - RELEASE
Royce - KEEP
Wills - KEEP
Owusu - Don't renew
Borrowdale - Don't renew
Bangura - Don't renew
Dicker - KEEP

That'll do for me.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
KEEP at all costs: Kuipers Sullivan Whing Virgo Elphick McNulty Cook Hinshelwood Fraser Loft Cox Mcleod Hart Forster Murray Davies RELEASE/SELL the rest...... SIGN Dicker and Owusu a LB and CB for cover and also 2 midfielders LW AND CM KEEP White GET RID of Booker....... is that asking too much?

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm undecided on Hart, not sure if 5 good games warrant a new deal, but hey, I'm in a good mood so lets give him a go in the short term.

I've no idea if Kuipers is even out of contract, but I don't see an awful lot of difference between him and Sullivan, and neither is a league winning keeper at this (opposite) point in their careers so I'd be minded (being a bit ruthless now) to let one of them go and get in someone else who is.

Carole has had one good game since his return, he's as good as gone already I think, as is Birchall, and possibly Hawkins. Hinshelwood will find it hard to justify claims for a new contract IMHO, Mayo was lucky to get one last year and will be even more so this time around, Fraser has probably earned himself something with the last few games, and, astonishingly given his previous seasons, so has Doug Loft.

Whing, Owusu, and Dicker -sign them up.

IMHO, like.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that we should have to look for another keeper but Sullivan is out of contract, I think so he may wish to move on to progress his career which would just leave us with Kuipers so we may need to sign another keeper.

If it is 1 out of 3 to keep from El Abd Hinshlewood and Hawkins I would go with El Abd as I belive that he is the most versatile and also the best one as back up in any position that the 3 of them can play.

If the rumour about Luke Rodgers is to be believed I think that we will be overstaffed with strikers so possibly Gargan may go and I think it will be either Owuso or Hart but not both unless they are prepared to take a wage cut.

The big signing has got to be Dicker

Robinson to go as not needed.

Whing I am undecided as he has had a good 2 months since Slade has been here so perhaps it was MA that was holding him back.

The whole question really is who will DK and the board allow to leave or wish to resign.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I think he should keep:

Hart
Fraser
Sullivan
Whing
Loft

Bring in Owusu and Dicker and another central midfield player. May also have to loan a left back until McNulty is fit again.

Release the others.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These days I get confused about who we own and who's on loan, but players we could do without next year IMHO are Livermore, Jarrett, Carole, Hawkins, Birchall, Andrew, Mayo and Robinson, also maybe McLeod and Bangura. We should try and sign Dicker and Owusu if possible, and adding Borrowdale to the squad would be useful (I'm assuming - and rather hoping - that Lynch is gone).
The rest can stay - but I don't enough about the youngsters coming through - like Louis abnd Gargan, for example - to have an opinion about them.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Sullivan - 1 year
Whing - 3 years
Hinshelwood - 1 year
Mayo - release
Loft - 1 year
Fraser - 1 year
Jarrett - release
Birchall - release
Carole - release