Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who in the England *COUGH* team emerged out of that game with ANY credit?

Stumpy Tim

I'm surprised Gerrard is getting so much stick. At least he tried stuff - no one else had the balls to do anything. The only way to score against a packed Defence is to try different things, and Gerrard seems to be the only one who was willing to do it. I don't think it's right to discourage that

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm surprised Gerrard is getting so much stick. At least he tried stuff - no one else had the balls to do anything. The only way to score against a packed Defence is to try different things, and Gerrard seems to be the only one who was willing to do it. I don't think it's right to discourage that

agree with this - he had some gumption. Also think criticism of Carragher is a bit off the mark. I would say James is a yes with some just abouts for Gerrard, Cole, Barry and Carragher and a load of no's for the rest

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
the bird who sat on the Algerian Goal, obviously it knew what it was doing.

It clearly knew it would not be disturbed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry but Heskey worked his arse off, won tonnes of free kicks, throw ins, corners, headers. He did his job.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
James- Solid. Did what was asked.

Johnson- Pushes on well but loses it a lot and leaves the right exposed.
Terry- Average
Carragher- Liability
Cole- Decent

Lennon- Impact player at best
Barry- Decent performance
Lampard- Shocking
Gerrard- Shocking

Rooney- f***ing atrocious
Heskey- Held the ball up well but was no point playing him against Algeria

Wright-Phillips- Send him home
Defoe- No service
Crouch- Not enough time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For us to do well, we need at least two of the following three to be playing well

Gerrard
Lampard
Rooney

They were all utterly woeful tonight.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Carragher - got himself banned
Johnson and Cole - nothing going forward
Terry - stupid backpass almost cost us a goal

It wasn't as if they had much defending to do

Carragher - never a booking
Johnson and Cole - our two best players, clearly
Terry - one momentary slip other than that impeccable again.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I'm sorry but Heskey worked his arse off, won tonnes of free kicks, throw ins, corners, headers. He did his job.

Yeh, forgot his job is to not ever look like scoring! Paid not to do anything, I can do that!

He is a dinosaur in world football and shouldnt be anywhere near playing top level football, as his club manager knows.

Would any of us be excited if he signed for the Albion? Absolutely not a chance, Gus knows that is not even the way to play in league 1, never mind the word cup finals

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Algerians?

The Algerians played a bit naff as well. It was always gonna be a draw. Their defence was miles ahead of our attack (well non-existent attack).

Heskey was not at the races, Wright-Philips, Adam Johnson, Bobby Z could 'ave bemused them. I still don't think we would have won!

4-4-2 is the most efficient system, We did not lose.

Slovenia are useless. If we do not beat them, crucify the team and the manager!

Algeria were a good team.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton

Terry- Average
Carragher- Liability
Cole- Decent

Lampard- Shocking
Gerrard- Shocking

Defoe- No service
Crouch- Not enough time.

So who's at fault them, Capello is a tosser who can f*** off now. I thought he knew what he was doing, but it turns out he is an Ericson copycat! Tactically woeful, no idea how to change a game that is going wrong.

f*** off you Eytie wanker. Worse still, the FA gave him an enhanced contract, just like they did with Ericson, will those tossers never learn!

Yoda

English & European

Terry- Average
Carragher- Liability
Cole- Decent

Lampard- Shocking
Gerrard- Shocking

Defoe- No service
Crouch- Not enough time.

That's how I read it.

Thought for 5 or so minutes after Defoe came on something might happen but then it dropped back off again.

Can someone tell me what the point in changing Lennon for SWP for was all about. It needed changing tactically, so why change like for like?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So who's at fault them, Capello is a tosser who can f*** off now. I thought he knew what he was doing, but it turns out he is an Ericson copycat! Tactically woeful, no idea how to change a game that is going wrong.

f*** off you Eytie wanker. Worse still, the FA gave him an enhanced contract, just like they did with Ericson, will those tossers never learn!

:lolol::clap2::thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
James, Terry, Cole, Johnson, Barry, Defoe

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Worryingly, I find it difficult to disagree with this. Under Eriksson, we'd qualify with ease but then underperform in the tournaments. With Capello, we qualify brilliantly, but are then utter shite in the tournaments. If anything, Capello is an even worse version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here