Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who here WRITES a blog? And what ones do YOU read?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The only one I read regularily is Robert Preston's BBC one.

With all due respect to mark and Half man's whose actually are pretty good, I am not a great fan of non professional writings as I always tend to end up ( sadly) correcting the grammar instead of reading what they are on about.

Also some people tend to use it as a "look at me" followed by "please".

D

Deleted User X18H

The only one I read regularily is Robert Preston's BBC one.

With all due respect to mark and Half man's whose actually are pretty good, I am not a great fan of non professional writings as I always tend to end up ( sadly) correcting the grammar instead of reading what they are on about.

Also some people tend to use it as a "look at me" followed by "please".

Do you mean Peston?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This one:Unhappy Hipsters

It's a mickey take of modern and post-modernist design. It makes me laugh.

That's genius.

The photos are cleverly re-produced as well, I'm not a photographer but they've got that pretentious filter that makes it look like Kodak film from the 70s. Last used in the production of knitting patterns.

I really hope architects and interior designers aren't looking at that in a ironic "oh aren't we funny" type way.

I'd like to see one on those people who claim to see the "digital future". I'm really hoping they read it back in ten years time and their musings resemble an episode of Tomorrows World from the mid 70s.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
along with the tslr one i have a music one which i do with 2 friends.

it's actually got pretty massive, we're probably in the top 25 most read dance music blogs on the net because of the aggregators we're listed on. we get lots of free music but it's a thankless medium, people read from mexico, not my home in manchester, so it's not so rewarding.

i used to be part of a manchester listings website too, we won best blog at the manchester literary awards which was a highlight, plus best arts and culture at the manchester blog awards. we also got nominated for best music website at the record of the day awards, which is a big music industry publication in london. i interviewed lots of cool people for that blog.

i'd like to make the tslr blog more sophisticated, but it's better to concentrate on the actual paper fanzine, it's easy to start an albion blog, but nobody has started an actual fanzine since 2008.

wearebrighton has impressed be recently, they have the right idea.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
No.

none.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here