Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who didn't try?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Its generally agreed that yesterdays game was a stinker. Many players had off days, some may not have been fit, some may be lacking the talent expected by the supporters, some may not have the physical attributes for this division.

What I would like to know is, which players just didn't try.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
At a wild guess Murray ?.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
McLeod was getting shouted at by Adams to get in the game at 4-0 down! He responded by simply giving up and strolling around not giving a toss. He was subbed and I'd be surprised to see him start the next game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
McLeod was getting shouted at by Adams to get in the game at 4-0 down! He responded by simply giving up and strolling around not giving a toss.

But before that he'd done a number of excellent runs down the left. Not that anybody was bright enough to then send the ball in his general direction.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Run around, make some effort, try and make something happen, drop back to get the ball, but all thats too much effort.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I cannot believe anyone in an Albion shirt at this time 'didn't try', not to say that in previous years a number of players haven't 'downed tools' in order to get shot of a manager.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i just thought we panicked yesterday.

adams realised they were running the midfield and he sent mcleod more towards the centre than wing....this left us with no width. Coxy has lost his ability to take a man on and we threw 100 miles an hour balls at murray and forster...no wonder poor murray had a stinker.

it was just a bad job from start to finish an we do not have the strength in depth to change it. our bench was hardly world beaters.

i hope we have the balls to attack the loan market with a search for 4 players

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I cannot believe anyone in an Albion shirt at this time 'didn't try'.

Well that was the impression Adams gave after the game. Just wanted to see if the fans agreed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well that was the impression Adams gave after the game. Just wanted to see if the fans agreed.

adams quote was the firsrt time i have known him to deflect critisism back on to the players

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Run around, make some effort, try and make something happen, drop back to get the ball, but all thats too much effort.

Actually he's been chasing the ball down a lot recently. Yesterday wasn't good all round but singling out Murray is ignoring the real problem yesterday - terrible defending.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I thought Murray and Forster did well running and chasing down the ball. The service to them was appalling from the midfield. You are bound to get disheartened after a while when nothing is coming your way.

Livermore actually had a decent 1st half and I can't see why he was swapped with Richards for the second.

Cox and Elphick have both gone off the boil, Cox especially seems to be one of the ones who maybe thinks he just has to turn up to to get in the team.

McLeod and Hawkins didn't look fit.

But I think we just got beaten by a better team. At Crewe we should have won by more than we did and yesterday we shouldn't have lost by as many as we did - mainly due to their striker who was bang on form yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here