Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who are these 'fan groups'?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
maybe its just me,but i dont trust anything these two supporters groups say,Liz Costa recently stated half the Albion fans were gay in a radio interview.

i get the feeling she is on some sort of agenda driven crusade with new bed partners the Gay Football Supporters Network,but for the life of me i cant figure out why.

I really cannot trust anything these people say if they are going to lie and say 50% of people attending the Amex are gay.

anything they add to the argument after giving out false information is just fundamentally flawed.

on a personal note i have never been subject to any homophobic abuse at any away games.......maybe i am just lucky......i have never traveled by official coach though......this travel option seems to attract abuse if the reports are to be believed......i shall stick to the booze train!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
From what you are posting, no doubt you regret that you can't give the odd black player a monkey chant like the good ole days of the 70s, after all, no offence intended, it's just a bit of banter .

Crap comment Drew, the poster has never come across in that way at all.

Why not go join BHASC as you would obviously feel much safer in their company than with ruffians on NSC.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Of course 'mildly racist' language would be unacceptable - as I'm sure you would agree too therefore where does that leave you with this mildly homophobic banter that you think is OK?!!

And you and I both KNOW it's NOT being aimed at women is it?! So your pedantry is pointless and as previously stated irrelevant! (One thick BC fan has no bearing on the discussion!!).
*Sigh* It's YOU who is saying that 'mildly homophobic' banter is OK and it's only when it becomes 'disgusting' is it a problem. I don't think any of it it is 'homophobic' in the true sense as I've explained before. Consequently I think you're being hypocritical, and what's more your opposition is nothing to do with 'combating homophobia' but just your subjective sense of decency being offended.

And I really think you're missing the point with the 'aimed at women' part. Yes it 'probably' isn't, but surely you can see it's a defence? "I was singing at a female Brighton fan", "No you weren't you were being homophobic.", "Prove it." Consequently I'm being pedantic because I'm right.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I find it rather strange that the majority of people on NSC stated that they weren't in the least bit bothered by the so-called 'banter', but some of that same majority are seemingly offended & embarrassed by what one small group of Albion supporters are up to. Anyone for irony?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Aside from whether homophobic "banter" is desirable or not, for which a thread or 2 is already dedicated , it really is time the supporters club is reformed if it starts putting itself across as the voice of albion fans in general, which clearly it is not.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
it really is time the supporters club is reformed if it starts putting itself across as the voice of albion fans in general, which clearly it is not.

Well why not start your own then?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Gone over your head by the look of it. I'm not saying you are racist. What I was doing was drawing a comparison with people who didn't know where to draw the line with regard to racist chanting. Many people did not see the harm in monkey chants but very probably wouldn't be the sort of person that approaches people of other races and personnaly threaten them. However, how many black footballers of the 70s considered it acceptable. Or did they just keep their heads under the parapet so to speak!

It's not up to you or me to draw the line. The law does it. Next question is who and to what extent is it going to be enforce it?

You're probably not offended by gay chants because you're not gay. But if you were, would you be happy to sit in the stadium and endure homophobia? I was discussing this with my wife earlier and a former colleague of hers who is a season ticket holder said sometime ago that a couple of his friends who are gay wouldn't go to football because of the homophobia. Go back to the 70s and how many supporters were from ethnic backgrounds? Times change.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree with more of the content of this post Drew. People on the whole don't like change. I can assure you I'm no bigot either but I still can't agree with Liz Costa. I don't have the time to argue the point right now as I'm busy today.

Laters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here