Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who are the NSC Brighton Marathon runners?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Brightoin will be my first marathon and probably my last. Only ever done one half marathon before. Done my longest training run of 17 miles on Monday...god knows where im gonna find another 9 miles from!!!!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Brightoin will be my first marathon and probably my last. Only ever done one half marathon before. Done my longest training run of 17 miles on Monday...god knows where im gonna find another 9 miles from!!!!

I know exactly how you feel, but the hope I get is from people telling me the atmosphere on the day gives you that extra lift, so fingers crossed it gets us both through!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know exactly how you feel, but the hope I get is from people telling me the atmosphere on the day gives you that extra lift, so fingers crossed it gets us both through!
It really does. Just make sure you can manage 20 miles about three weeks before the run. And to be honest, you will be OK if you're running 17 miles in mid Feb.

I can't do the race in 2011, but will be back in 2012. :thumbsup:

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
I'm running on Sunday and if i survive that I will be starting to focus on the big one. It will also be my first marathon and like a number of you have said already it is hard to imagine where that last 10 miles of energy is going to come from. It might take some seriously strong energy bars to supplement the extra boost a cheering crowd may give me. For physios in Brighton and Hove a local marathon must be like hitting the jackpot!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It really does. Just make sure you can manage 20 miles about three weeks before the run. And to be honest, you will be OK if you're running 17 miles in mid Feb.:

That's more or less where I am, give or take. Done runs of 8 and 11 miles so far this week, will do another fairly short one on Friday and then a long one, by my standards (!), hopefully 17 or 18 miles on Monday.

I'm running for Help For Heroes, in case anyone is feeling generous :wave: Vicki Lank

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I'm running the marathon too, will be my 2nd one after running London last year. Had a few weeks out with an ankle injury, but did 14 last weekend and doing 16 this Sunday, so almost back on target. Like some others on here, shinsplints seem to be starting, but nothing too uncomfortable at this stage.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Me too, I'm running Brighton Marathon, and then London the week later.

16 miles for me this weekend. Decided not to do the Brighton half this year, but off to Malta next weekend to do their HM.

Am planning of joining up with the Brighton Marathon training group run this weekend. Will be nice to have a bit of company.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Me too, I'm running Brighton Marathon, and then London the week later.

16 miles for me this weekend. Decided not to do the Brighton half this year, but off to Malta next weekend to do their HM.

Am planning of joining up with the Brighton Marathon training group run this weekend. Will be nice to have a bit of company.

Good call, the Sunday Brighton Marathon bunch are a very nice group to run with.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Last year's race was amazing, really excellent.

This year's should be as good if not better.

Good luck everyone. :thumbsup:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I need to reply to your email but I am oficially out of April 10, heal spur and shin splints have totally done me. I think the guy in Run has sold me the wrong kind of shoes because I've never had these problems before. Hmph.

I was very impressed with Kurt at Run in Hove. Checked out my old shoes, videoed my running style and sent me round the block 3 times with 2 pairs - 3rd time with one of each. Having said that I'll probably get injured tonight!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I didn't mean the one in Hove, I meant the one in Kemptown- can't remember the name. Whoops. Yeah, that's where I'll go next time when I start running again after these injuries!

Can't edit my post now either, sorry Run!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
do you just turn up at Preston Park and join them or do you have to register first? what time?

I think you have to register first, I have.

This Sundays run actually starts down in Shoreham, at the Adur Activity Centre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here