Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where do you drink on matchdays?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Sorry if (when!) done before but I'm just curious and can't find a recent thread.

....and will you change pubs after we get "The Seagull's Nest" nr Falmer?

:whisky::drink::drunk:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sportsman usually, but might have to nip into Brewery Tap to see the MOST IMPORTANT game tomorrow, kicking off at 12.45. :clap:

:jester:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Station at Preston Park pre and post match

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Good pub actually, does it have Sky?

It certainly used to, but I've got a funny feeling that since the latest manager took over it might have gone. It wasn't on last time I was in there

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a good question.
It USED to be the Long Man, until they started charging over £3.50 a pint.

Now we all meet up at the Neville in Hove, and leave a few minutes earlier to park in our usual spot. Two big plasmas, pool tables, arrows, food, a garden, kiddy-friendly AND beer at normal prices.

Perfick.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What a good question.

Now we all meet up at the Neville in Hove, and leave a few minutes earlier to park in our usual spot. Two big plasmas, pool tables, arrows, food, a garden, kiddy-friendly AND beer at normal prices.

Perfick.

ahh - brings back memories of the odd pre match cocktail before walking down to Hove Park, past the rugby club and into the football

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
What a good question.

Perfick.

And new owners in the past few months, so they actualy have beers in!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And new owners in the past few months, so they actualy have beers in!!

I wouldn't know. Only started going there in the last 2-3 weeks for the pre-match ritual. Very impressed so far though, everything you need from a pre-match watering hole. Another bonus is that its not RAMMED with plastics, at least it wasn't for the Arsenal v Liverpool game the other week.

All very civilised.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If anyone wants to see the owner of the legs to my avater .................the Brewery tap tomorrow as i have managed to get 2 tickets for tomorrows game.......look forward to meeting you all......... :bigwave: (sams dad will you be there mate ?)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ahh - brings back memories of the odd pre match cocktail before walking down to Hove Park, past the rugby club and into the football

Ahhh, my perfect Albion Saturday:

10am - 9 holes at Benfield
12pm - pool and beer at The Stadium
3pm - three points at the Goldstone
5pm - a few more jars at Hove Park Tavern
7pm - win a few quid on the dogs at Corals
11pm - kebab at Eddies
12pm - fall asleep in the armchair in front of a recording of match of the day

HAPPY days. That was just absolute heaven.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I wouldn't know. Only started going there in the last 2-3 weeks for the pre-match ritual. Very impressed so far though, everything you need from a pre-match watering hole. Another bonus is that its not RAMMED with plastics, at least it wasn't for the Arsenal v Liverpool game the other week.

All very civilised.

Good bunch of lads drink there, as I do sometimes.

Back in the day there would be 50-100 and more for some away games. Debbie the Landlady ran the Albion in Hove for several yrs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here