Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where are the Falmerites alternatives?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
This is from Lord B's pre-inquiry thread:

"All major parties were being asked to submit their proofs of evidence by 7 January and obviously need to know what sites will need to be included in that evidence. Falmer PC seemed to think it would be OK to keep their evidence quiet until then, but they were eventually persuaded at least to reveal the locations as soon as they'd decided to prepare evidence about them. Tom Carr, for the Parish Council, finally said that he "hoped" to be able to do this by 26 October."

So where are their alternatives?
I'm going with under the doormat of Mrs Goggins at No.3.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Good point - I assume they will hold out as long as possible and attempt to keep the sites ( if they have any) quiet to prevent counter arguements being properly prepared

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
They are probably still staring at the map of Brighton and Hove trying to find a bit of land that is.....

1. available
2. South of the A27
3. big enough
4. not a AONB
5. has good transport links

and most importantly...

6. As far away from Falmer as possible

I think they could be looking for sometime yet.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I imagine that they never had any intention of providing this list by 26th whether they "hoped" to or not. I'd expect the list by about 4pm on Jan 7th

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
sparkie said:
I imagine that they never had any intention of providing this list by 26th whether they "hoped" to or not. I'd expect the list by about 4pm on Jan 7th

:nono: :nono: :nono:

I suspect you're right. It would be nice if an official body could force them to disclose them though. They could say for each day they are late the stadium moves one meter closer to the pond.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Rangdo said:
I suspect you're right. It would be nice if an official body could force them to disclose them though. They could say for each day they are late the stadium moves one meter closer to the pond.

:) I like the idea of that! Although, in effect we would be moving one metre away from the station. Mind you I would happily walk the extra mile!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lammy said:
:) I like the idea of that! Although, in effect we would be moving one metre away from the station. Mind you I would happily walk the extra mile!

Once it gets too far from the station we would need a bus service to get us there for which the bus stop could go in the church yard. The longer they take the harsher the penalty.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Isn't the inquiry just focussing on the 8 sites listed already, any other suggestions would be worthless because they'd need to spend time and money making a proper evaluation. From what I read the reopened inquiry has a narrow focus which should ensure a quick decision one way or another.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Theatre of Trees said:
Isn't the inquiry just focussing on the 8 sites listed already, any other suggestions would be worthless because they'd need to spend time and money making a proper evaluation. From what I read the reopened inquiry has a narrow focus which should ensure a quick decision one way or another.

No, there is scope to look at alternatives that are not listed but that meet the criteria but they need to be disclosed before the inquiry.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Rangdo said:
This is from Lord B's pre-inquiry thread:

I'm going with under the doormat of Mrs Goggins at No.3.

Have you seen the double garage at number 7, surely thats an option ! :jester:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I believe they were looking at the feasibility of usin inflatable stadia. This is because they could not find any suitable land in the area so are considering putting forward the channel as the best solution. They sent someone along the seafront to see if as well as an oversized croc with handles on its back whether there were any 20,000 seaters in stock. They have contacted the manufacturers of inflatable toys but have called a halt to this option because they are struggling to find a turf that will not die in salt water.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: So where are the Falmerites alternatives?

gvce26 said:
Have you seen the double garage at number 7, surely thats an option ! :jester:

I think it's grade II listed I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here