Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what's it like to fly first class on the A380.......

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If true, that's just plane stupid (see what I did there?).
Just think of the extra fuel needed because of the extra weight.

easyJet use Airbus A320s, they hold up to 220 people. 20% of that is only 44 people, or about 4 tonnes for the people and their luggage. The A320 has a maximum take-off weight of 77 tonnes so it doesn't make an awful lot of difference. Plus they charge you to take luggage on board and more people equals more food and drink bought on the flight. Aviation fuel is relatively cheap as well, it's only about 75p per litre because there's no tax on it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
For a short flight like BKK HKG First Class is a waste of money (although no way is it over $20k). The problem with the Emirates A380 business class is there are too many seats and the service takes for ever but it is an amazingly quiet aeroplane. Also the Emirates cabin crew are nowhere near as attractive (or attentive) as Far Eastern carriers :)

far less homogenous though. They do cater for every taste, EK.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Friends dad has worked for BA for 25 years, he gets all his flights first class up to a limit per year, and for everyone in his family under age of 18. Only 10% off for those over 18 lol.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I used to get free flights when I worked for Virgin, and ridiculously low priced flights during my time at BA. Have flown in First, Club and Upper Class. Now I have to turn right when I get on planes :(

I would also add that when I did fly in First (to Barbados, yeah baby) I didn't board the plane with a video camera and proceed to piss off most of the First Class clients, not to mention wandering around Economy, gawping at the peasants in their standard seats. What a smug idiot that man is.

easyJet use Airbus A320s, they hold up to 220 people. 20% of that is only 44 people, or about 4 tonnes for the people and their luggage. The A320 has a maximum take-off weight of 77 tonnes so it doesn't make an awful lot of difference. Plus they charge you to take luggage on board and more people equals more food and drink bought on the flight. Aviation fuel is relatively cheap as well, it's only about 75p per litre because there's no tax on it.

easyJet A320's have 180 seats like most other UK carriers or A319's with 156 - it's the A321 with 220 seats

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
easyJet A320's have 180 seats like most other UK carriers or A319's with 156 - it's the A321 with 220 seats

Quite right. My mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here