Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what to do about Jakey then?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this is one of those my dads mate etc story.

At work, my colleagues uncle is something to do with Aston Villa ( Groundsman's tackle holder or something) and the talk up there is that there could be a swapsies deal offer with Henderson and Jakey including hammond.

Seemly Villa scouts are very impressed with our youngsters Jakey and Deano and have had them watched by their scouts.

Seems a bit tenuous to me but who knows.

BTW What happened to all the transfer money we received for Virgs and Harding?

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
this is one of those my dads mate etc story.

At work, my colleagues uncle is something to do with Aston Villa ( Groundsman's tackle holder or something) and the talk up there is that there could be a swapsies deal offer with Henderson and Jakey including hammond.

Seemly Villa scouts are very impressed with our youngsters Jakey and Deano and have had them watched by their scouts.

Seems a bit tenuous to me but who knows.

BTW What happened to all the transfer money we received for Virgs and Harding?

That's a distressing rumour, which hopefully has no truth in it.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It sounded bollox to me , but he seemed pretty sure. He was convinced Villa were going to sign Virgo...not West Brom.

Thing that bothered me is we are the only ones who know anything about Hammond, yet he reeled his name off:eek: :eek:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why do people get so wound up about Robinson's current position?

McGhee never said he didn't rate him. He's never said he won't play him. He's never had a go at him.

Robinson is still physically very small, and whatever you think, he will still get knocked off the ball in the Championship. Maybe, just maybe McGhee has his best interests at heart, in holding him back slightly until he's had the chance to build up a bit of muscle.

Come on guys, when you see him in the programme, he still looks like the mascot!

Leave off the hype for a few months at least (after all, how many of us have seen Jake play loads of full games? Has he scored Rooney amounts of goals in the Reserves? No). Give him the chance to develop.

I can't ever remember a young Albion player being so built up after so few first team appearances, it feels like people are being sucked in to the hype. Please don't get carried away at this point, lets just see how it goes, and for once, trust the manager! Robinson has shown some nice touches in his appearances so far, but a sense of realism wouldn't go amiss.

A few months down the line, and maybe he will justify it, but for now, lets just wait and see how he gets on.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
edna krabappel said:
Why do people get so wound up about Robinson's current position?

McGhee never said he didn't rate him. He's never said he won't play him. He's never had a go at him.

Robinson is still physically very small, and whatever you think, he will still get knocked off the ball in the Championship. Maybe, just maybe McGhee has his best interests at heart, in holding him back slightly until he's had the chance to build up a bit of muscle.

Come on guys, when you see him in the programme, he still looks like the mascot!

Leave off the hype for a few months at least (after all, how many of us have seen Jake play loads of full games? Has he scored Rooney amounts of goals in the Reserves? No). Give him the chance to develop.

I can't ever remember a young Albion player being so built up after so few first team appearances, it feels like people are being sucked in to the hype. Please don't get carried away at this point, lets just see how it goes, and for once, trust the manager! Robinson has shown some nice touches in his appearances so far, but a sense of realism wouldn't go amiss.

A few months down the line, and maybe he will justify it, but for now, lets just wait and see how he gets on.

Exactamundo, Edna my Dear ...

Spot On.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just got text, MM is going to put him into the 1st team following his hatrick!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
The Northstander said:
Just got text, MM is going to put him into the 1st team following his hatrick!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

what hat-trick?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do love reading these threads they make me laugh.

Here is my view.

There is no doubt he is a good player but what has Leon or the coke kid done to be dropped? has robinson shown anything in games where the oppointnents are non league stiffs that again leon and the coke kid would not have done.

He is a good player like i have all ready said but just because he does it in the stiffs doesnt mean that he is ready for the first team esp when the players in front of him are doing nought wrong.

Why is no one screaming for cox to be in the first team? he scored 2 and set up 2 in the same game (according to yorkies report) ill tell you why because people arnt creaming themselves at the hint of his name.

Anothewr myth "a bigger club will come in for him" like who? a prem club? there youth players are made up of the best and at least half have made starts for the national side at a number of age groups.

Tom Hark said:
The club will lose Jakey if they're not careful.

And wasn't the same said about Leon Knight last year when McGhee dropped him and experimented with new positions for him?

To bring Jake in to the team in his reserves position last night, you would have to drop Carole, which would be a bit questionable given the French guy's very bright debut last Saturday.

I'm interested in what people made of Jake's role in the second goal on Saturday, looked all the world to me like a miscued shot rather than a lay-off to Hammond, but maybe someone in a better position in the stand could convince me otherwise.

The reality is Leon was our key player last Saturday, scored the first, made the second, all from his new central midfield role :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
So you are willing to change the team around to fit in one unproven player?

Wouldn't harm to start Jakey on the field and CKR on the bench. Just so, y'know, we find out how good he actually is. Then if it's not working, give CKR a go. Might even provide that elusive cutting edge. Who knows. While he's limited to ten minute cameo roles at the end of games, he's likely to remain unproven.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tom Hark said:
Wouldn't harm to start Jakey on the field and CKR on the bench. Just so, y'know, we find out how good he actually is. Then if it's not working, give CKR a go. Might even provide that elusive cutting edge. Who knows. While he's limited to ten minute cameo roles at the end of games, he's likely to remain unproven.

But he is not a ckr type player he isnt strong enough to be a loan striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here