Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what happened between the 8th May and 10th June...

D

Deleted User X18H

Nice one, I will knock but if no-one is in I'll just slip it in your box ALAN. :ohmy:

That has put me right off my tea. Which was going to be Sausages from that shop in Gloucester Road!

Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
... between Calderon and the Albion that we now have this maHOOsive one-eighty decision?

Let the wild NSC speculation (before the truth comes out) begin...

According to the Club Site - this:

"Manager Poyet said, "Calde is a quality player and was always our first choice right-back, so this is a very good signing for the club."

The Albion boss had suggested Calderon's Albion days were over, when it emerged the right-back had stalled on signing a new contract on offer at the end of last season.

However, Poyet added, "At the time I made the comments at the end of last season we were very disappointed when he decided to talk to Southampton, as we had worked very hard to agree a deal, and it was us that gave him the chance to establish himself in England.

"In recent months we had not wanted to compete with Southampton in terms of the wages they have been offering to players, but this proves it doesn't always come down to money.

"I am delighted Calde has repaid our faith we showed in him and signed his new deal, and as far as I am concerned that is all in the past now.

"He made a big impact in the second half of last season, and will be a major influence for us in the future - and I am sure the fans will welcome this news."

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
How significant is the clause that allows B&HA to end Calderon's contract after six months if his hip injury hasn't cleared up?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
While he was away scouting, Gus met up with a South American gangland cartel, gave them a knowing nod, and passed them Calderons name. One crackly late-night phone call later, and Calderon was beating down the portacabin door at Withdean DESPERATE to sign a contract, ANY contract, "just calla da fackers offa me, PLEASE Gusman".

So he's really ITALIAN then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here