Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what happened between the 8th May and 10th June...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Two grown men had a disagreement, gave it a bit of time to cool down and realise that they were both better off burying any disagreement and made up.

Gus keeps face, Inigo joins the better club and the fans are happy.

Yay.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I suspect he and his agent did not trust Southampton. Once there was no longer a race - perhaps the Saints were not quite so keen - and Calderon and his agent preferred the straight talking of Mr Poyet and Mr Bloom.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He realised spending his Saturday's hoofing the ball ninety yards at a fat scouse lad in the middle of an industrial estate was no way for a sexy rightback to make his money.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I would hazard a guess... calderon gets offered double bubble+ with scumpton, then pardew gets rumour he`s for chop and not allowed to sign anyone til its confirmed either way, calderon waits and waits still no official contract, gets fed up has a change of heart, thinks fuckit i might be earning more money but pardew and club look a bit disorganised and flaky now and deep down i wanted to stay anyway, scumptons a shit hole compared to sunny bton and me and gus speak same lingo, wheres his number?

Probably aint far off.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus can always say that he didn't sign him as he was on holiday at the time so the decision was taken by TB and KB.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Like... where's the Dutchman dosh...? :p

Hang on, you work in Lewes, don't you?

Well yes but I'm off for two weeks now apart from this Saturday and I don't suppose you're around then are you?... If not I can drop it in your door on the way to cricket on the 16th if that is ok with you ALAN?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Gus left for his holiday with a broken heart. He had lost the one player he truly believed in... the man who would have brought flair back to brighton but no, he could not go back on his word. he was a man of HONOUR (slaps breast!)... the dream was dead.

As soon as he left, Bloom phoned up Inigo and said 'I hear you think yourself a bit of a poker player. Inigo fell for the bait and at the top of the evening, with Inigo holding a royal flush.... Bloom made the following proposal 'I tell you what Inigo mate, how about if I win this hand, you sign for three years at your original salary. If you win the hand, off you pop to the saints and you can a four weeks hols on my luxury cruiser.'

Inigo should have known to bet his sould with the devil... especially one with four aces.

So Gus's dream is alive and his honour is intact. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here