Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what do we do now, teamwise?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Paul Reid did not really play any better at RB than he has been playing recently at LB. I was surprised as I have always rated him. Maybe he needs to return to midfield. I think he's too good to be left out.

So Harty at RB and I suggest bringing Kerry back at LB. We need a left footer there and he deserves another chance.

Central midfield Hammond and Reid (or Nicolas). Seb wide right (but he's got to produce the final ball ... his running with the ball was great yesterday, but the final ball was almost always crap) and Frutos wide left. Hopefully yesterday was just an off day for him, if not we've got Albert.

Strikers ... I'd go with Leon, and McCammon as soon as he's fit, until then stick with McPhee.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
goldstone said:
Strikers ... I'd go with Leon, and McCammon as soon as he's fit, until then stick with McPhee.

I thought McPhee worked really hard yesterday and won a lot of balls in the air, but to me he is a player that never looks like he will score. But it was nice to see someone who could flick balls on with his head. Something that CKR seem's unable to do.
But with Leon there they will just go to waste as he is not prepared to gamble and run for those type of balls.
CKR or Jake I think would be better off from playing along side McPhee.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Sadly, I think almost everyone had an off-day yesterday, including the Derby players. Hopefully they'll be rather more up for it against Watford.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well I agree with MM when he pointed out that was the third game in 7 days and they were jaded, with our small squad it must take a toll.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I doubt we will sign four new players.2 at the most

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Hinshelwood returning will be like signing a new player. He's more than capable of replacing McShane. El Abd looks far better in the centre than he did at right back, but is worth another chance in that position and return Reid to midfield where he can make a more positive contribution. He ran the show in midfield when we played Spurs in January. He is wasted at right back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hinsh should be back in two or three weeks time (hopefully)

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
return Reid to midfield where he can make a more positive contribution. He ran the show in midfield when we played Spurs in January. He is wasted at right back.

Wasn't he at right wing-back against Spurs?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
We need a new powerfull center half to replace Butters as well

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Centre-back and left-back must be the priorities - at least we have the numbers up front, even if they aren't all scoring; at the back we're one or two injuries away from a real crisis.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:
GK - Henderson or Kuipers
RB - El Abd
CH - Hinshelwood
CH - McShane
LB - Sign one
Midfield - Carpenter
Midfield - Hammond
Midfield - New signing
Midfield - Carole or Fruity
CF - McCammon or new signing
CF - Knight, CKR or Robinson

Get that team together and we will do ok

Sounds like a good idea but it's all about if and when we can sign the players we all know we need. MM is trying 'kin hard I have no doubt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hinsh has suffered a reaction to his injury. Don't write off the Tank, he EATS high balls for breakfast and is excellent at bringing on Hinsh. Ideally we could play Hinsh, Tank and McShane as a three, with Reid and Hart as full backs giving more support to Seb and Fruity

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
El Presidente said:
Hinsh has suffered a reaction to his injury. Don't write off the Tank, he EATS high balls for breakfast and is excellent at bringing on Hinsh. Ideally we could play Hinsh, Tank and McShane as a three, with Reid and Hart as full backs giving more support to Seb and Fruity

Now that is a good idea!

Would be harsh to leave El-Abd out for Butters though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here